LegacyGT.com

Recommended Gap On Ngk's Lfr7aix

I've searched my manual, web, LGT.com, but I've not been able to find the recommended gap for these plugs. I ordered them from www.extremepsi.com and it plainly states on that site that they are "not" gapped correctly. Anyone found this information?? I checked them all out of box, they all seemed to be around 0.8mm, but I'm not sure if that's right. Thanks. :dm:

I installed mine as they came... I was of the impression they were gapped correctly. Though I haven't started my car yet since I'm waiting on the intercooler from TDC... I'll keep my eye out on this thread to make sure I didn't goof.

I was hopin' to put the plugs, Crucial T-stat and 70/30 coolant mix with Water Wetter in tomorrow, but the T-stat didn't show up today. And I'm uncertain about the gap. We'll see I guess.

The gaps of spark plugs out of the box are frequently wrong. Always check them. .032 is the NGK factory specified gap. On the other hand I thinl the typical subie gap is .30
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Got NGK One Step Colder's put in this morning. I went ahead and checked the gap as I was pullin' the old ones, I'm glad that I did. One of the new plugs had to be gapped a bit more. The factory plug's were dirty after only 6500 miles or so, I think the dyno run was very hard on my plugs. I still haven't found what they should be gapped at officially, but .032 or .8mm or so seems to be good. If you do change your plugs and have a 5EAT, take note of the Filter located in the hole in the fender behind where battery goes. I think that's a AT filter in there. Gotta do some research when I get time. The hardest one was the driver side closest to firewall, I unhooked plug for Coil Pack and rolled it upside down to get it out, was a bitch, but It will come out of there with some work. Oh yeah, use a torque wrench when puttin' the new plugs back in if you have access to one. Torque should be 15-19 ft-lbs

so what would happen if you didn't change the NGK... is that .002 even noticeable?

Probably not really....but it is to me....knowing there all gapped equally will prevent strain on coils or unbalance. I'd say it's worth checking anyways, someone else's out of box may be off even more than that.

• 5 years later...

5 year old thread dig! :spin:

So are LFR7AIX the commonly accepted colder replacement for the stock NGK ILFR6B plugs? Are they the same as the stock plugs, all things equal, apart from temperature range?

• 1 month later...

Why do you want a colder plug?

5 year old thread dig! :spin:

So are LFR7AIX the commonly accepted colder replacement for the stock NGK ILFR6B plugs? Are they the same as the stock plugs, all things equal, apart from temperature range?

Why wouldn't I? As an engine running more power than stock, it's the same cost as grade 6 plugs.

A colder plug , run on the street, ends up providing less power:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived