LegacyGT.com

Jeremy Clarkson - or my favorite journalist

That has to be the longest introduction to a car review I've ever heard in my life and even when he did get to the car, barely anything was said, but what was said about it, was good.

So why does England's Outback get 215 series tires, and the U.S. version gets 225 series, and we also get 1 more hp for the engine?

Top Gear was my fav auto show till discovery got all weird about its schedule. Jeremy Clarkson is much fun to watch than stodgy old John Davis on Motorweek. I like Motorweek, but the people aren't as good as they used to be. So when Top Gear is easier to watch, it IS the one to watch.

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

It’s so invisible that you could almost certainly drive it into the vault at the Bank of England and steal all the gold. And speed cameras? Help yourself, because the Outback makes the F-117 stealth fighter look like a pterodactyl.

Then there’s the quality. In the past couple of years I’ve noticed a distinct downturn in the robustness of virtually all cars. Mercedes used to be a byword for durability but now it’s a byword for being on the hard shoulder at four in the morning with steam coming out of the bonnet. And Volkswagen has suffered, too, coming near the bottom in the Top Gear customer satisfaction survey.

Toyota used to employ a man to ensure the switches all made the right sort of click when you pushed them, but judging by my recent experiences, I think he may have left. And then there’s the new Volvo V50, which feels like it’s running on suspension made from tin foil.

The Outback, though, is different. When you shut the door it makes exactly the same noise as a dead pheasant hitting the ground at 40mph, a sort of muffled, autumnal “bumph” sound. And the quality of the material used on the dashboard is up there with Sabatier.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• 3 months later...
Top Gear was my fav auto show till discovery got all weird about its schedule. Jeremy Clarkson is much fun to watch than stodgy old John Davis on Motorweek. I like Motorweek, but the people aren't as good as they used to be. So when Top Gear is easier to watch, it IS the one to watch.

Most Top Gear reviews are available on you tube/google video...

tiff needell is my favorite

Tiff is definitly a better driver then Clarkson, but Clarkson is funnier.

But Vicki Butler and that Sabine chick from Nurburing are my favorites. :wub:

Somethiong about chicks that can drive.

I really want to see a piece on the 07 Spec. B on Top Gear. I keep seeing these other cars thrown into compete, and I really want to see a glowing review on TV. For instance last week they compared the Mazda6 MPS (Mazdaspeed here), Ford Mondeo, and Vauxhall Vectra VXR. I think the LGT would just flatten these cars around a track, yet the closest I have ever seen Top Gear get to the LGT was the Impreza STI. I know Fifth Gear dabbles a little more with Subaru, featuring a Forester/Impreza STI competition, and drove the Outback around a track.

One of my all-time favorite lines out of Jeremy Clarkson's mouth...

On the new Koenigsegg CCX (while driving it at high speeds, so he's screaming)...

"Koenigsegg says it's more comfortable...But more comfortable than what?? Being stabbed???!???"

VIDEO: [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=Clap740gX2c&search=koenigsegg]YouTube - Top Gear YT Edition: Koenigsegg CCX[/ame]

One of my favorite performance car reviews. Other great ones are the F430, M5, Carrera GT....

For Top Gear newbies, ALL the races (612 vs. Plane, Bugatti vs Plane, DB9 vs Train, SLR vs. Boat) are great fun to watch.

I watch this show so much I say things like "a-lu-min-ee-yum". And "bonnet". And "boot".

And I'm FAR from British!!!

I really want to see a piece on the 07 Spec. B on Top Gear. I keep seeing these other cars thrown into compete, and I really want to see a glowing review on TV. For instance last week they compared the Mazda6 MPS (Mazdaspeed here), Ford Mondeo, and Vauxhall Vectra VXR. I think the LGT would just flatten these cars around a track, yet the closest I have ever seen Top Gear get to the LGT was the Impreza STI. I know Fifth Gear dabbles a little more with Subaru, featuring a Forester/Impreza STI competition, and drove the Outback around a track.

The understeering on the Vectra was one of the FUNNIEST things I've seen.

Yes, I thought of the LGT too, and yes, it would crush all three of those cars...

The understeering on the Vectra was one of the FUNNIEST things I've seen.

Yes, I thought of the LGT too, and yes, it would crush all three of those cars...

Yeah, it was about as funny as the EVO FQ-400 getting spanked in Fifth Gear, PLUS seeing that car's turning radius!

One of my all-time favorite lines out of Jeremy Clarkson's mouth...

On the new Koenigsegg CCX (while driving it at high speeds, so he's screaming)...

"Koenigsegg says it's more comfortable...But more comfortable than what?? Being stabbed???!???"

VIDEO: YouTube - Top Gear YT Edition: Koenigsegg CCX

One of my favorite performance car reviews. Other great ones are the F430, M5, Carrera GT....

For Top Gear newbies, ALL the races (612 vs. Plane, Bugatti vs Plane, DB9 vs Train, SLR vs. Boat) are great fun to watch.

I watch this show so much I say things like "a-lu-min-ee-yum". And "bonnet". And "boot".

And I'm FAR from British!!!

For those you don't know, go to finalgear.com. They have all of the newer episodes and some older ones of Top Gear and Fifth Gear in high quality torrent. The new episodes are updated weekly.

Top Gear did review the Legacy Wagon back in Season 3. It wasn't a track review thou. They don't have the LGT over in UK so Legacy is not look upon as a sports sedan there.

I don't think a regular LGT will be able to keep up with the MazdaSpeed6 around the track. The Spec B will of course do better with the stiffer suspension as seen on the R&T AWD sedan shootout. The stock LGT suspension is way too soft to compete on the track.

Top Gear did review the Legacy Wagon back in Season 3. It wasn't a track review thou. They don't have the LGT over in UK so Legacy is not look upon as a sports sedan there.

I don't think a regular LGT will be able to keep up with the MazdaSpeed6 around the track. The Spec B will of course do better with the stiffer suspension as seen on the R&T AWD sedan shootout. The stock LGT suspension is way too soft to compete on the track.

It seems like that, but even the regular GT still smokes cars that are supposed to handle better on the autox course. For all the "roll and pitch" and suspension drama that reviewers complain about, it still moves around turns fast...

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

American Top Gear is crap anyway. Its great watching them bash most everything American in the British version.

Archived