LegacyGT.com

Hi!

I own a 2006 2.5i, and i was thinking of swaping into some better performance spark plug. but i have a few question unanswered, hopefully someone can help me. :icon_mad:

1. What spark plug should i change into for a 2.5i model? (Brand and model?) And how much HP increase would i get?

2. Does changing to new spark plug increase fuel consumption?

(I dont see anyone that brought up this topic in the search. but if someone can gimme some old post that already mention similar info that would be helpful as well. THX!)

I believe the factory plugs are either platinum or iridum (sp?) so there is probably no need or benefit to changing them out before they are bad or reccomended replacement interval.

Tolly

07 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

To answer your questions:

1) Use what the manufacturer recommends...are you smarter than them? I know I'm not. All the spark is doing is igniting the fuel/air mixture...how are you going to get more HP from a different spark?

2) I am sure someone will disagee with me, but I don't see how this is possible. Same amount of fuel is making its way into the combustion chamber regardless of what spark plug you have screwed into the hole. I could maybe see a decrease in fuel efficiency if you were to put in a radically incorrect spark plug that caused the engine to run poorly.

If you are looking for a relatively inexpensive way to gain a few HP by replacing the plugs, I think you are searching in vain.

It is still ugly.

^^^^^

Just to verify... the i's use Platinum... the GT's use Iridium.

Spark plugs will not make more (significant) HP

Replacing severly worn spark plugs can increase milage.

Thx guys for answering my question!

Damn i always thought spark plug could increase HPs...

Well. i guess i really dun need that much HP anyways, i am more towards gas-saving solutions. maybe i'll post another post by then =)

+1 for pillboy, Also proper gap is important. A colder plug will help per-ignition of a very hot motor(usually in racing). The disadvantage of colder plugs is that they can foul (missfire) at lower temps thus reducing performance.
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived