LegacyGT.com

Clock question

OK, I'll admit upfront I'm really anal about setting my clocks. I like to set them precisely to the second, but the Legacy doesn't seem to want to let me. On most cars I can simply set the minute at the "00" second mark and the time will then be set accordingly, but not this one. I've tried pulling the clock's fuses and reinserting them and even disconnecting and reconnecting the battery at the precise second, all to no avail. Perhaps the clock has its own internal battery.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Cleaver

Agreed -- don't lose any sleep over it. There are better things to be annoyed with. :icon_bigg

When I was younger I used to be anal that way about my clocks, and if I was tuned to an AM talk station I would expect my clock to change from :59 to :00 at the tone for the top of the hour.

Now I don't give enough of a damn. In fact, although my bedroom clock radio has an auto set feature based on the NIST time signal broadcast from Colorado, it's constantly 4 minutes fast! But it's always four minutes fast, even after a power failure, even after daylight savings time adjustments, so I just live with it.

• 2 years later...
OK, I'll admit upfront I'm really anal about setting my clocks. I like to set them precisely to the second, but the Legacy doesn't seem to want to let me. On most cars I can simply set the minute at the "00" second mark and the time will then be set accordingly, but not this one. I've tried pulling the clock's fuses and reinserting them and even disconnecting and reconnecting the battery at the precise second, all to no avail. Perhaps the clock has its own internal battery.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Cleaver

I've been wondering about the same thing. My reason for wanting a more accurately set clock is for when I'm changing stations to pick up traffic reports. I don't want to have to switch stations minutes in advance to get a report or end up switching too late. Right now I have to put up with my clock being 20 seconds slow or 40 seconds fast. I'd be happy if I could get it within +/- 5 seconds of exact. I've been wondering if the clock display is driven by an internal clock in the ECU or some other computer in the car. That would explain why it maintains the time when you pull the clock fuse.

Archived