LegacyGT.com

Routing 8 guage 12v power wire for amp...

CFar

I know this has been covered, but it was a couple of years ago.

I'm looking into running that wire from the battery but am wondering if there are any other grommets to go through other than the one near the intercooler.? In essence, which is the best way to get the cable through the firewall?

Thanks for the help,

Chris

Driver's foot-well - passes through to same-side wheel-well. You'll want to remove the well-well splash-guard to visualize it.

Brother johnAWD has a great resource:

http://jsalmi.com/car/boostgauge/ - that shows this location precisely. ;)

There's a similar one on the passenger's side. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

:D NP To both! Glad to help!

Can't take full credit, though! That was brother johnAWD's hard work! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I have no grand plans on doing this in my Legacy, but I'm glad we have simpler ways through than the S2000.

They have 2 grommets right near the battery, which is convenient, but then they are SO far up behind the dash, it took me a good 15 minutes just to find where the wires came through to!

Wasn't too hard once I got the wire through the grommet and my buddy grabbed the wire, but damn ... that was kind of a mess. We used the lower grommet - I can't even imagine trying to get to the upper one!

• 1 month later...

Archived