LegacyGT.com

Pitted Dash?!?

Everyone look closely at your dash easy to see on mine with sun @ 3:00 and parked nose away. I notice tons of pin head size "pits" in the dash! (just like loking for small scratches move head to different angles to get different light glare on dash) Not as noticable when shiny after detailing but still present and now that I know they are there thats what I see when I look at the dash. Almost looks like when the dash was molded it did not seat in the mold completely or little air bubles formed. does everyone have these in their dash?

I want to get more serious w/ SOA if not all do. Maybe a batch run issue. (not that I want a dealer to completely remove and install new...here come the rattles)

just the texture is there(little random lines) but there are tons of little pits all of=ve the dash. not even but alot more grouped togethe in areas especially on the caurve above the cubby hole and heading towards the winshield. it looks like little inverse air bubble holes. as small as pin points...look close and from various angles. I have an 05 obxt with blk interior

• 2 weeks later...

My dash has the same characteristics.

It looks like thousands of tiny holes, especially around the cubby area.

When I last used a wipe on the area, I could see holes "breathing" as they opened back up as the film from the wipe dried.

The Legacy loaner I drove before I bought my own also had this "problem."

Frankly, I am not sure if it is a defect or not.

SOA guys at dealership for their monthly visit acted like it was nothing and occured across the board (they had failing eyesight and were more concerned w/ the new skirt at customer service than my complaint) although I did notice varying ammounts of this phenomena in the 5 cars we inspected still up for sale... anyone else?

SOA guys at dealership for their monthly visit acted like it was nothing and occured across the board (they had failing eyesight and were more concerned w/ the new skirt at customer service than my complaint) although I did notice varying ammounts of this phenomena in the 5 cars we inspected still up for sale... anyone else?

I wonder if you could get a picture of it?

I think it is something almost everyone has, but it is hard to visualize it.

Archived