LegacyGT.com

what tire brand/size is stock?

dutchie3

Hi everyone,

I am looking at buying an 05 LGT LTD sedan. I noticed the tires on it are 205/50/17. As far as I know, the stock size is 215/45/17...? Does this mean they are snows, or would you put on an all season at this size?

Thanks

Richard

in 2006 base legacy got 205/50R17 tires.

I suspect somebody asked for favour and dealer swapped wheels.

If 205 are Yokohama I bet this is the case.

Krzys

PS Buy it with these tires, just ask for lower price (100 for each tire?).

Stock rubber is a 215/45/17 bridgestone potenza re92 all season, and I'd want the stock size put back on the car first.

215/45/17 bridgestone potenza re92A

Don't forget the "A". Ours is the only ZR rated RE92. (check Bridgestones website)

I'll have to have a closer look at them. the tread pattern etc looks to be all season, and I am pretty sure I saw on M+S on the sidewall...I do know they are made in korea, and the brand was Hankook? (sp)They look to be brand new, so i am thinking the dealer took the cheaper route and threw them on hoping the person wouldn't notice...I will definately bring this up when negotiating. the 205 will make for a better ride, but will affect handling. On the plus side, I think these tires would be decent enough in the snow with the AWD.

Don't forget the "A". Ours is the only ZR rated RE92. (check Bridgestones website)
Bridgestone's website lists two RE92s in 215/45ZR17 (140AA and 160AA) in addition to the RE92A in 215/45ZR17.

Do RE92A say "A" on the actual tire? The tires on my LGT have no "A".

--Lee

first, han's gt that is a hot avatar

second, dutchie3, i agree you get the stockers back.

partly b/c the speed you are reading will be off by a bit. if i am remembering correctly, the speed will be faster than you think but i'm on 18's so who am i to talk. you'll be on 50% of 205mm = 102.5mm vs. 45% of 215mm.= 96.75

man, someone help me out here, there's a website you can use to calculate this stuff....

Archived