LegacyGT.com

Microfiber sale!

You guys know Dwayne if you have ordered from PremiumAutoCare.com before. He sold PAC back to FourStar (long story) and started a new store that I'll be doing my shopping at from now on. http://www.DetailCity.com is the new store. He moved the forums to .org and the .com is now a store. Anyway, he just put up a sale for microfiber towels. These are killer prices for some pretty sweet towels. Sure you can get microfiber towels at Sam's Club and Costco nowadays, but they are only good for polishing glass in my opinon. For my soft Subaru paint I wouldn't use anything but the best and that is what Dwayne always carries. T

Here is what Dwayne says about the towels:

"The finest in microfiber towels at great prices. No other single product has revolutionized auto detailing the way that microfiber has. Throw out your old t-shirts, rags and retired bath towels and enjoy the benefits that microfiber tecnology has to offer.

Our Silky Smooth Microfiber Towels have patented, non-scratch edges that perfectionist detailers demand. Our Gold Standard Edgeless Polishing Cloth is soft and fluffy all the way to the very edge with no seam! We also offer Cobra Microfiber' Super Plush Deluxe and Cobra's All Purpose Microfiber Towels for those that demand Cobra quality.

Microfiber makes car care easy!"

I couldn't have said it better myself. Here are the towels. Get them while they last. I know he only has very limited quanities of a few of those towels. I'll try to save some for ya. ;)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I bought a bag of 25 from Sams Club over the weekend and they seem to work great. I think they were $11-12.00. They did a great job on the glass.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

You guys have to realize that there are a lot of different ways of making microfiber towels. Microfiber comes in as many varieties and levels of quality as cotton or any other material. The towels you buy at walmart are low quality. Until you have something like these to compare them to it is really hard to explain the differences.

The bottom line is that I wouldn't use towels from walmart or costco for anything other than cleaning my windows wiping down the dash. You tell me which towels you are buying at walmart and I'll go get some and show you the difference between el cheapo towels and the good stuff.

Look at it this way.... You know the difference between high quality car parts and cheap knock off stuff, right? These towels are the same way. You wouldn't buy a no name turbo kit off of ebay and put it on your car, so why buy cheap microfibers and use it on your paint? Your paint is still the most valuable part of your entire car. It will cost you more money to replace it if it isn't properly mainained than anything else. Why would you use cheap stuff on that when you wouldn't think about using cheap knock off stuff in a less expensive area? You'll spend 300 dollars on a blow off valve that just makes noise, but you won't spend an extra couple bucks to get a safer towel for your paint? You'll spend $60 bucks for an air filter but softer microfibers that won't lint or wear out after a couple uses is over the edge?

All I'm trying to do is show you a better product than what WalMart is selling the trailor trash down the street. If you are happy with what you are using, then that is fine. However, if you are placing an order anyway and you want to see if there really is a difference in quality, then I would suggest picking up a couple towels. You will easily notice the difference and see that they are worth it.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Slightly off topic... (I use microfiber towels by the way)

With paint polishing, OC, which tool do you recommend:

1) hand (with appropriate polishing pad)

2) electric polisher

I'm thinking about getting an electric one, but only if it offers benefits over good 'ol fashion elbow grease (which I don't mind doing at all!).

Does this DetailCity dude carry polishers?

Slightly off topic... (I use microfiber towels by the way)

With paint polishing, OC, which tool do you recommend:

1) hand (with appropriate polishing pad)

2) electric polisher

I'm thinking about getting an electric one, but only if it offers benefits over good 'ol fashion elbow grease (which I don't mind doing at all!).

Does this DetailCity dude carry polishers?

There can be only one...

PORTER CABLE RANDOM ORBITAL POLISHER.

oh and do a search on porter cable ;) Oh what the heck here is the thread...http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20949&highlight=porter+cable

I was pretty put off by the high shipping costs as well. If I hadn't just bought a bunch of supplies from PAC (and paid what I felt were high shipping costs) then maybe I'd swallow that pill.....but not for $20 of products.

That's why I said that if you were putting in an order anyway then these towels are something you might want to look into. Since most of what DetailCity sells are fluids and are heavy, that could account for why the shipping is high. I don't know how he figures that kind of thing, but I do know that the shipping is pretty industry standard. Some are even higher than that. I haven't found any lower that carry what I buy.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I find the major difference b/w the cheap and expensive is the edge of the towel. The cheap towels have what look to be burnt nylon edge weave that is hard and will scratch (found out the hard way on one of my leather seats). I'd be weary of using these on the tint side of my windows too. The nice towels have another material covering the stitching on the edges. This kind I trust to use on the paint.

Archived