LegacyGT.com

Seat Belt Retraction Issues?

Sponge

My driver seat belt isn't retracting quickly/very much and I keep closing the door on it. Is this a common occurance?

It happens to me a lot.

Never happened on any other car I have owned. :iam:

My driver seat belt isn't retracting quickly/very much and I keep closing the door on it. Is this a common occurance?

Mine retracts slowly. I just slow down a bit and give it time to roll in before getting out of the car so I've never actually caught it in the door. It's one of the weakest retractors I've ever had. I keep forgetting to ask the dealer about it when I am there but there is probably nothing they can do unless Subaru has redesigned a replacement.

Mine got caught in the door & broke the little button switch that shuts the interior lights off. I had to pull the switch out & rubber band it & then wait 2 weeks or something ridiculous for the stealership to get the new parts in & install it. I had to pay too. I was told it was my fault. (I didn't argue it b/c it wasn't real expensive)
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Archived