LegacyGT.com

Rallitek SSI Skid Plate Install

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only glue the spacers after you figure out where they go...

Each bolt goes into a slot, not a hole, so the plate can slide a little to adjust for manufacturing tolerances on the cars. I do not think the spacer thing is a big deal, and so far I think I am the only one who has installed the plate. :D

Ted

I finally got around to installing mine tonight. Followed your write-up and it was a pretty easy install. The hardest part was doing it solo and having to hold the plate to get the front bolts threaded. You just have to use an elbow here and a knee there to hold the plate up to the frame while you find the bolt holes and get them started.

As you said, you'd can't glue the spacers on beforehand because you don't know exactly where they'll end up. Once installed, the next time you remove it you could then reference the spacers' positions to the marks left by the bolts on the otherside of the plate.

Yeah, the one person thing is fun :lol:

I felt like I had done a good set of crunches because I had the plate on my elbows, knees, and feet... :D

Did you install two spacers on all the back bolts TRS?

Ted

:spin:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
^ just did that and all looks good!! My only issue is how the front overlaps the bumper skin. Need to fool with it a bit, but I'm the only one who knows that it's weird.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump...can you still jack up the front?

Also, rallitek site says "70 lbs shipping". Not sure if that's the real weight, but are you sure about the skid plate weighing only 20ish lbs? Thanks.

How much space is there between the plate and the front jack point?

Also, rallitek site says "70 lbs shipping". Not sure if that's the real weight, but are you sure about the skid plate weighing only 20ish lbs? Thanks.

The UPS label on the box it came in says "20 LBS". I'll put it on a scale when I get a chance, but 20 lbs feels about right.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Yes, you can still jack up the front. (jack at original point using the plate itself)

Bulk rate, not actual weight. The plate itself is about 10lbs.

Pics: Aluminum Skidplate - LegacyGT

(click on the pics for full size image)

Sean S.

RalliTEK - Subaru Performance Parts

I just got mine in and was about to install....

guess i'll wait for the spacers~~

tore my stock rubber POS to pieces off-road. hopefully this 1/8" will hold up... otherwise i'll have to custom order Primitive's 3/16" metal...

I just got mine in and was about to install....

guess i'll wait for the spacers~~

tore my stock rubber POS to pieces off-road. hopefully this 1/8" will hold up... otherwise i'll have to custom order Primitive's 3/16" metal...

You did not recieve the hardware kit with the plate???

• 3 months later...

Archived