LegacyGT.com

making a mods list: suggestions?

yah yah, i know its a rehash, but this i less of a "tell me what to buy" or "whats best" so much as "this is what im thinking, am i retarded and why" thread :icon_tong

bear in mind my goal: keep the car looking mostly stock, and making sure its not obnoxiously loud. im trying make the car more enjoyable for me to drive, in any condition / location without sacraficing the cars ability to be mild mannered and driveable (girlfriend has to be able to handle it).

model: o5 gt ltd 5EAT

miles: 2400

mods done / purchased:

removed silencer from stock intake

K&N air filter

perrin pulley (at $100 i couldnt say no!)

working to-do list:

• stainless brake lines (brands?)
  • bobcat brake pads
  • DIY grille (thank you bondo!)
  • radiator shroud (worth the $$?)
  • RSB / FSB(brand? cusco? JDM? if JDM where from?)
  • front tower bar (trying to find a STi partout and gank theirs)
  • boost gauge (gona try to use the my old one)
  • Crucial UP/DP/MP (not sure yet on cat or no cat mid)
  • hoses - intercooler, radiator, turbo intake, ect (might have a hookup from a friends shop)

not sure on:

• turbo timer + oil catch can - i know with a propper cool down it shouldnt be an issue, should i go the cautious route?
  • brembos (after new rims) - i wouldnt be able to use my stocks which are soon to be winter wheels, and since im not going to do any serious autoX are they really worth the $?
  • 05 STi uppipe? friend of mine is ditching his, worth it to shell out for a racepipe or is the OEM STi one good/ would it fit?
  • proper intake - i just got the K&N stock filter, so is the $ worht it to swtich?

sound good or am i blowing sweet cali sunshine up my "downpipe"...

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Where's the accessport/ecu reflash?

If you want quiet stick with the panel filter. Not worth cone filter unless your going to get protuned for it, it might upset you maf readings.

radiator shroud (worth the $$?) == no not really

Forget all those hoses. Wait to you are actually replacing the turbo to change inlets etc. I thought you wanted stock looking?

front strut tower=okay, and easy install. However, word is cusco front lower arm bars have a greater impact

catch can??---wait till you are actually running alot more boost.

Sounds like you are nickel and diming things(catch can, color hoses, pulley). Do look big, be big.

Go AP, up/down pipe, kw coilovers, 18g turbo, custom tune

enjoy....tweak little stuff from there out

If you want a tad more HP from there add tmic, injectors and maybe more exhaust bits(and retune).

More handling(add sways, and bars)

As for bigger brakes the Rotora BBK's fit under stock brakes (unlike brembos, if that is a concern), skip Bobcat pads if you plan on doing this upgrade anyway.

The stock rotors are large enough imo unless you really need the pedal precision for track events. Just upgrading the pads with Goodridge lines yielded the results I was looking for. STI up-pipe is a good modification for anything, though you might want to install a shorty downpipe at the same time and go stage 2. hehe

Forget all those hoses. Wait to you are actually replacing the turbo to change inlets etc. I thought you wanted stock looking?

i want them in black. if i wanted to stare at a rigid pink/purple hose id open my fly and surf the net for jessica alba wallpapers. but if i can get them cheap ill take em. plus, after having to pull the intercooler off tonight im sick of these dam rubber hoses.

also i figured a good tune was a given once you get into non-handling upgrades.

*edit*

went for a spin with the perrin pulley in, love it...

i think after up/dp and maybe a midpipe, a good tune and i might be done in that department and focus more on handling. im not trying to rally or break any spead records.

The stock rotors are large enough imo unless you really need the pedal precision for track events
yah, i know they are larger than the impreza/wrx brakes and since the lgt doesnt way an obsene amount more, i figured i would see the most notable gain for my $ with ss brake lines and a good set of pads.

As for bigger brakes the Rotora BBK's fit under stock brakes (unlike brembos, if that is a concern), skip Bobcat pads if you plan on doing this upgrade anyway.

thanks for that, i dont really want to do anything i cant fit under the stock rims, since im considering putting studs on them next fall (nov 1 - april1 you can roll with studs in cali if i recal... handbook time)

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Archived