LegacyGT.com

MSI Billet Adjustable Lateral Links

MSI

Would you purchase this part to correct rear camber?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you purchase this part to correct rear camber?

• No, already have something else.
    • No need to, or no interest.
    • Would like to see a group buy of 595$ or less.
    • Yes, no matter what, need it for racing purposes.

Hi guys,

New part just finished the proto-type piece and installing on test car today.

Will be in production by the end of April without fault.

Available for ALL subaru models, ships with MSI bushings made by POWERFLEX (worldwide leader in PU technology) www.powerflex.co.uk

NMB teflon lined bearings are a 360$ upgrade at time of purchase and have .013mm tolerance (very, very, very tight - no noise for over 25k miles)

We have used a design that increases ground clearance (arched upwards) to accomodate off-road rally cars, as well as 4130 steel for the turnbuckle, 6061 aircraft standard aluminum for the billed parts. Entire assembly is Nickle Plated to provide what we feel is the best resistance against chips, grime, salt, rocks, etc.

(open to try something new if it is better here)

The bushings are a two piece design, so nothing is pressed into place, and cir-clip grooves are already integrated into the parts if you want to upgrade to the bearing option at a later date.

Kit is designed to USE OEM PARTS, and fits on OEM cars as a direct replacement. I have not yet had the chance to see what a lower tie bar would fit / interfere with these. My hinch is that if it works with OE, it will work with our bar kit.

Attached are a few pics, any feedback is greatly appreciated before we start a pre-production group buy on these and determine our pricing?

Will guarentee the parts against any manufacturing defect for life. wear and tear is not covered (bushings, bearings and finish)

-mark

sales@mooresport.com

1285032273_LateralLink-small.thumb.jpg.09f48aa724c7382f66dc51f6be6099a4.jpg

804617140_RodEndproto-small.thumb.jpg.3cd32712f3b9be5a5ebd2c0df04dfc59.jpg

290389034_Lateralassembly-small.thumb.jpg.5aa50e6381235cc17e9210823f311d32.jpg

309422206_RodEndLHwithbush-small.thumb.jpg.83891f2b1c03db8a0c3f8145f4661a00.jpg

Nice work. Installed pics on a Legacy? Any chance to get them powdercoated black??

<----likes to keep the bottom of the car from having all colors of the rainbow :laugh:

I was setting up the pole and you already had time to POST ! Cool.

Am installing on my personal legacy this week, will hit the track with a test driver this weekend for testing and some off-road abuse on sunday for durability.

Will post picks then.

Part pictures above do not have the finish on them. I can Anodize black, but would be a 80$ minimum charge unless there are 2 or 3 orders for the same color preference :)

-mark

hehe....guess I should get some work done instead of being on here. ;)

I'm scheduled for a corner balance, ride height adjustment and alignment next week. What's the ETA on this product??

On the bar, I have an arrow marked in place. I will stamp 3 sides of the hex "turnbuckle" so you have an orientation reference. just count the rotations though once it is zeroed.

ETA is end of April for the first production run.

-mark

Intresting keep us updated... They definately look pretty. I am definately intrested. The final word will be price.

Is galvanic corrosion a problem with this peice? Ive seen aluminum mated to steel glue itself together over time.

Corrosion is a problem on any part. It is bound to happen no matter what if the parts are not used regularly in the worst conditions. I will ship the kits with anti-seize compound, it will be pre-assembled with some from the factory as well. I have spoken with a chemist, as well as the company that does my treatments for me. We will try on the first production batch nickle plating on aluminum and steel parts.

The chemical reaction between aluminum and aluminum is the worst, then steel, and stainless steel being the best by a hair length.

-mark

How much extra for 7075 aluminum, 6061 blows in comparison. Agree too about the nickel plating, should be awesome corrosion resitance!! Thumbs up on the anti-seize use. Man it's nice to see a vendor give consideration to all the little stuff, how refreshing.

7075 is gonna be more expensive, harder to machine, harder to anno, plus it isnt needed. The part is overengineered to begin with.

MSI from what I have seen makes awesome parts. But quality comes with price.

Im a steel person myself. If it were up to me I would like to see this part in tubular stainless and not have to worry about it ever again.

7075 is kick ass sevral issues though.

1) Add 400$ to the price of the basic kit depending AVAILABILITY

2) adds about 15-17% in torsional rigidity, 0 in impact.

3) If the 6061 piece breaks, what do you care, I am warranting it for life against manufacturing defects (ie material failure) ;)

Thanks guys, will keep you posted.

I was going to do a stainless tubular option, but assembly time and jigs is not my thing. I like unique parts, functionality and hopefully am able to create a standard for others to aim for. Is there another billet piece on the market yet?

If you would like Roby, I can rig some stainless ones up with our aluminum rod ends quick enough for you, price will be about the same though. I actually have the jigs already made as mentioned earlier, this project is being done in conjunction with another one that corrects geometery positioning of lowered cars (imprezas)

I really appreciate the encouragement guys, it is refreshing as well to know you are looking at what we do at MSI! Hopefully we can make these affordable for you to use as well, do not want to limit ourselves to building parts that no one can afford either!

THANKS,

mark

www.mooresport.com

3) If the 6061 piece breaks, what do you care, I am warranting it for life against manufacturing defects (ie material failure) ;)

We are talking about the same part arent we :lol:

If that part breaks I think we would have alot more to worry about than a replacement :lol:

Im sure it wont though thats a hefty chunk of CNC aluminum and is probably stronger than aluminum parts that are used as OEM today.

7075 is gonna be more expensive, harder to machine, harder to anno, plus it isnt needed. The part is overengineered to begin with.

MSI from what I have seen makes awesome parts. But quality comes with price.

Im a steel person myself. If it were up to me I would like to see this part in tubular stainless and not have to worry about it ever again.

Yeah I know it's much more expensive but I like things over-engineered. And machining 7075 is still like cutting butter when compared to most any ferrous metal.

Steel is good too, has great toughness, but it's just so damned heavy!

7075 is kick ass sevral issues though.

1) Add 400$ to the price of the basic kit depending AVAILABILITY

2) adds about 15-17% in torsional rigidity, 0 in impact.

Thanks guys, will keep you posted.

I was going to do a stainless tubular option, but assembly time and jigs is not my thing. I like unique parts, functionality and hopefully am able to create a standard for others to aim for. Is there another billet piece on the market yet?

If you would like Roby, I can rig some stainless ones up with our aluminum rod ends quick enough for you, price will be about the same though. I actually have the jigs already made as mentioned earlier, this project is being done in conjunction with another one that corrects geometery positioning of lowered cars (imprezas)

I really appreciate the encouragement guys, it is refreshing as well to know you are looking at what we do at MSI! Hopefully we can make these affordable for you to use as well, do not want to limit ourselves to building parts that no one can afford either!

THANKS,

mark

www.mooresport.com

Well regarding the impact strength difference, that depends on what Temper grade you buy. Anyway, I don't want to get this too far off subject as obviously $400 bucks extra is a little too pricey....... and weren't we just complaining about how expensive parts are for these cars :icon_tong.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

The link kit has been installed on my car for a few weeks, changed one little part last week. Has gone through all the stress testing, abuse etc.

I would like to offer a GB next week for a pre-production run. These parts will be warrantied for 1 year, but are still part of my testing. I want your feedback and am offering the kit at a huge rebate to get them on the market and ready for sale this summer.

I am thinking about 595$ including ground shipping. Retail will be about 795$ actually, plus transport.

Pictures below are of the impreza kit, the legacy one has a different open end bracket and the proto is on my car. I will get install pictures before starting the GB.

-mark

1126961088_Imprezarearlinkkit-small.thumb.jpg.3e7b35c06bae96af1a342b4e43a48234.jpg

Archived