LegacyGT.com

06 Legacy weird gas mileage e/t display

Just throwing my $.47 cents in... Yeah the "instant MPG" display is pretty useless, but that's mostly because it's in digital form, not analog. There's a reason why speedometers and tachometers are analog 99% of the time, it's the way our brains are wired to see and anticipate the change as they make their sweeps.

I'd Much rather have had an average MPH display, but then we'd get hundreds of threads about "Why is my average speed 34 MPH when all my miles are on the highway?"

• 9 months later...
;593588']SOA issued a 2-page TSB on May 10' date=' 2006 for a problem abstracted as: [u']" - : - - " Indicated in Elapsed Time Display[/u]. It's TSB 08-37-06 and described as: "Some 2006MY Legacy/Outback vehicles equipped with Information Display may fail to register Elapsed Time (E/T) or Journey Time when the vehicle is started. This bulletin is to inform of the correct repair procedure for this condition."

I've no idea what the "correct repair procedure for this condition" is. I guess we'll just have to hope this TSB will appear in a "timely" fashion at:

http://www.thel7.com/tsb.html

The problem description suggests this is a MY2006-only problem. Maybe not.

Trade my '06 in on an '07 --- kind of miss the "--" in the ET display.

I was so used to pausing before I started the car to eliminate the quirk, that I find myself doing the same with the new one.

i had a problem with my E/T just like that, so i took it to the dealer and they replaced the clock unit under warranty work. now it works perfectly :)

goto your dealer

NO -- I don't have the problem.

But I miss it...:icon_bigg

• 4 years later...

Archived