LegacyGT.com

another nav option.......

c-lo

has anyone used a rear view mirror nav system before? This is one from audiovox.

http://www.audiovox.com/images/products_thumbnail/LCMR6CT_t.jpg

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=13796&langId=-1

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

interesting

yep....I was watching Tricked Out :icon_bigg on speed the other night and they had a segment on Audiovox navigation systems.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

i'd still prefer flipout/dbl din, just seems too impractical.

dunno.....had to see/use it in person.

That looks really sweet! Even has rear view camera and monioring camera inputs. It looks like you can switch between the mirror and the camera or nav by the touch of a button.

Pretty slick unit!

Hmmm....seems too much out of your line of sight. This looks garaunteed to take too much attention off the road for too long.

??? It's on the rear view mirror! I've never used nav before, but I think if you have to look at it for too long then I'd pull over. Don't see the diff between looking up at the rear view mirror or looking to the right at the center console.

I'd have to see one first to see if it's ackward. waiting for this local shop to call me back with the price

unfortunately when we say "if i had to look at it for a while i'd pull over" that just isn't the truth :lol: . navigation systems will distract you (even for a split second) from the road, so if you feel very attracted towards this unit, thats fine, just make sure it doesn't take too much of your attention off the road. also, if its button-operated then that will distract you even further. any navi system i use (i have a avic-n2 in my gt) must be screen-touchable. its just so much easier imo

I bet that mirror is HUGE and akward looking, very cool idea though

from what I"ve seen on TV, they look to be about the same size. thing I'm worried about is how much you'd be able to see out of the mirror

I have a Garmin 2720 and had a Garmin 2610 previously (same size). We also have a Quest, which is a little smaller. It's mounted on the dash just to the right of the instrument surround. I wouldn't want one smaller. It has touch screen and a remote control.

http://www.garmin.com/products/sp2720/graphics/pt-sp2720Page.jpg

Who Dares Wins

スバル

That looks really sweet! Even has rear view camera and monioring camera inputs. It looks like you can switch between the mirror and the camera or nav by the touch of a button.

Pretty slick unit!

i gotta agree

and dont forget im sure this will look oem to potential thieves instead ofg having a 7" display in your dash

the only prob is i cant see myself ever owning anything "audiovox".......maybe someone else will come out with the same idea....

Archived