LegacyGT.com

STI Steering Bushings

autoxdad

I have talked to Chris and Josh about getting STI steering bushings for our Legacy's. Is anyone else in the area interested? Dale from Boxer 4 Racing has told me he would give us some kind of deal, but I need to know if anyone else is interested. Thanks Dave

Yes they are the whiteline and he does have the tool. I wondere if we had a group install and would not need as many tools. Would be cheaper that way and have a fun install get together day. We could meet at my place or maybe at Chris's if he does not mind. What does everyone think? I talked to Dale today and he is going to get a price for us. He should e mail me the next couple of days, unless wife has kid lol. She was due yesterday. Who is interested and what do you think of the idea, i will let you know about the price as soon as i hear. Dave

I heard from Dale today. He gave me a good price if we can get 5 or more. Chris is willing to get a installation day at his place so lets see who is interested. PM me and I will give you the price, and let me know if you can make it to Charlotte to Chris's place. The price that he gave me is delivering all of them to my place so he just has to pay one delivery charge. Let me know guys. Thanks Dave or call me home 704-845-3083 or cell 704-560-3699

$39.00 guys and he is throwing in a tool so that we can have a group install. Let me know. I also have a friend here in Charlotte that has a front Perrin adjustable sway bar for these Legacys that he will sell for $60.00. Let me know about the Bushings guys. Thanks Dave

$39.00 guys and he is throwing in a tool so that we can have a group install. Let me know. I also have a friend here in Charlotte that has a front Perrin adjustable sway bar for these Legacys that he will sell for $60.00. Let me know about the Bushings guys. Thanks Dave

How much would the front sway bar help body roll on the Legay? I had assumed it was the rear bar that controls the sway the most.

And the price and group install sounds good on the steering box bushing!

Thanks

The front sway bar will reduce body roll for the front, but then you will generate more understeer. If you start with a larger rear sway bar you will generate more oversteer because the back end will want to rotate more because it will have less body roll. So, if you combine the two, you will have less body roll all the way around, but you may or may not have more oversteer depending on what sway bar you go with and what size it is. FWIW, I am going to start with the rear sway bar then work my way up after coilovers.

Let me know if you have any more questions...I have had a good amount of experience with suspension on my old car.

Disclaimer: be careful with a larger rear sway bar because that back end will sneak out on you if you're not careful.

Chris

Disclaimer: be careful with a larger rear sway bar because that back end will sneak out on you if you're not careful.

Chris

Sounds like fun Chris!! What do you think about helping me with an install of the rear sway bar when we do the bushings?

Just let me know where to send the $$. It sounds like we have 5 people with Wes.

Sounds like fun Chris!! What do you think about helping me with an install of the rear sway bar when we do the bushings?

Will do! That install isnt bad at all...

Basically...when we decide on the day, whatever you need to install, bring it.

That goes for everybody. :)

Chris

We have 5 Chris , Wes, Josh and Vince in MD, and myself. Vince is going thru Dale by himself, and Dale will send me the bushings for the 4 of us to me. So if you 3 guys would send me a check I will take care of the payment. You can send it to Dave McKenzie 2412 Fraserburgh Dr Matthews NC 28105. I will try and contact Dale tomorrow and get him to get them to me so we can have our installation (Social) day. Thanks, Dave

Ok...so now...when do we want to do this? I am not here May 6-13. Other than that, I think I am fairly free on other weekends. So, let's get some dates together. Tell me when would be good for you guys??

Thanks,

Chris

I talked to Dale today and they are being shipped. I will talk to Chris tonight and try and set a date for install. Does anybody have a preference? I am going to be gone from this Fri thru next Thursday, but am fre most of the time. Thanks Dave

I thought you were autocrossing that weekend, plus I think that Chris will be gone then. Chris is going to check his schedule and suggest something on here tomorrow. Maybe the weekend after next?? Sat 29th would work out with me or maybe Sun the 30th. My wife is gone that weekend so I am free:) . Could come over here and shoot some pool after mods if we want to. Chris may have his done by then to test the installation. We will see what he suggests tomorrow and go from there Thanks guys Dave

What do these do for you?

They make all your dreams come true :)

Ok..all joking aside, they tighten up the steering so that when you turn in, you immediately feel the turn. The way it is now, they are rubber bushings and when you turn in, it gives a little before actually turning. Kind of gushy, free floating feeling.

Let me know if that didnt help :)

Chris

Ok guys...everything is good for April 29th. Like Dave said, I will try to install it before everybody gets there to make sure I iron out any kinks (not that there is going to be). I also want to make sure I will have all the tools.

So, Saturday, April 29th at my house in Charlotte. Who's in?

Also, if you have any other mods you were wanting to do...feel free.

Archived