LegacyGT.com

cusco lower tie bars

bobo69

Hey Keefe, I haven't installed mine yet... I didn't get a good at what I will need to do to install these. Will I need to get an alignment after I install the front and rears?

you'll end up taking off the rear toe cam bolt, you just have to make markings of the camber bolt's position prior to loosening them so that you can have the stock alignment.

For the front, you are not messing with the tie rods, so you're ok. Just take your time taking off those bolts and not round them off. I had to clean off the under coating and used a heatgun.

Keefe

the install isn't hard as long as the car doesn't protest. The rear of mine was a PITA.....things didn't want to line up very well and needed a little tweaking to fit.

you'll end up taking off the rear toe cam bolt, you just have to make markings of the camber bolt's position prior to loosening them so that you can have the stock alignment.

Ok good, I just paid to have my car re-aligned after installing the springs and I don't want to do that again! I didn't know an alignment would make that much of a difference in ride quality. I love these springs now, I was really starting to hate them.

Ok good, I just paid to have my car re-aligned after installing the springs and I don't want to do that again! I didn't know an alignment would make that much of a difference in ride quality. I love these springs now, I was really starting to hate them.

A good alignment will really make the car shine.

Keefe

Is it the 19mm that links the rear shock to the rear arm? The left rear is SUCH a pain in the arse. My air tools wouldn't even get it off!

I did spring installs on two cars and it was hell to take that bolt out. If you really want to do it yourself... you can do what I did. I don't know if this is good practice, but I would say that you'll be doing this at your own risk. Hopefully you can picture what I am describing... You are basically using the weight of the car and a jack to break the bolt loose.

Tools needed.

19mm 1/2in drive socket, 5 point. Make sure you have a 5 point socket, with a 12 point you there is a better chance you may round off that nut.

1/2in drive breaker bar

Floor jack

19mm box end wrench

1. The car should be up on jackstands.

2. Spray the bolt with some PB blaster. This hasn't helped me any, but it wouldn't hurt to use some. (Wait about 15 minutes for it to do it's majic)

3. Slap the 19mm socket on the breaker bar and place it on bolt. ( You want the handle pointing to the rear of the car. so you will have to be lifting up to loosen the bolt.

4. Place the 19mm box end wrench on the outside nut.

5. Slide the floor jack at the end of the breaker bar and slowly start to lift the jack. After you see the socket starting to move, I would pull it off to make sure you aren't rounding off the bolt head. You need to keep an eye on the rear arm, there isn't much room to lift the bar until you hit it. Once I got to that point I had to lower the floor jack, pull off the socket and reposition it on the breaker bar, and place it back on the bolt. ( I hope that makes sense)

6. You'll probably hear it crack a few times from the bolt breaking loose. I would lower the jack and inspect everything just incase. The bolt, socket and the bar to make sure they aren't broken.

After reseating the socket a few times and using the jack to lossen up the bolt, it should be loose enough for you to do it by hand.

Good lucks!

thanks for the links and info put them in today and i just used the "guns"(guess there is a good reason for working out) for the alignment bolt i put a wrench on it and used my leg once i got the rear loose it went pretty easy it really did tighten up the car

Archived