LegacyGT.com

ebay/PRO boost gauge rattles?

Deer Killer

Not even installed yet, but just shaking as it rattles, I hope that's not going to be very annoying over bumps/rough roads. Is it just mine or has anyone else noticed this? Unfortunately the costmetic metallic ring is also crimped shut, so there goes me opening it without make it look like crap :(

I'm pretty disappointed with mine, to be honest. The needle acts like there's no lubrication, so when it moves, it's not smooth.

The cosmetic ring on mine was dented when it arrived, and since I've not done so yet, I may leave the seller negative feedback. Esp since I paid $25 in 'shipping & handling', but it took 10 days for the gauge to get to me in Colorado from California.

FWIW, no rattle in mine.

No rattle... and I pulled mine apart to zero the needle.... it can be done.

Just a few small flat blade screwdrivers and work your way around the back edge of the crimp.... eventually, it will pull off.

Ok I did it, not that pretty but I suppose you won't see it when it's mounted. The part that's loose is the needle itself. There's absolutely no way to tighten it except to bend down the back plate that's the rear "bearing"... ugh. Also my confidence in it's accuracy is very low after seeing what's inside :( We shall see.

johnAWD: I bet yours doesn't work right for the opposite reason, that plate is too tight.

Archived