LegacyGT.com

4EAT or the maunal? I am concerned about the 4EAT.

4eat..im not sure if its the trannys fault or mine for beating on it (yes, i know its not a sports car) but it was fixed under warranty..getting her back with brand new tranny tomarrow

4eat..im not sure if its the trannys fault or mine for beating on it (yes, i know its not a sports car) but it was fixed under warranty..getting her back with brand new tranny tomarrow

I feel the same way. I beat on my car a bit, but the tranny does feel really weird...when it's cold, I get some very harsh shifts. When it warms up it's better, but still not great. I'm a bit concerned about it. My family's getting another subby in a month or two, and I'm going to try to get one that has a different transmission. (Hopefully the 5eat of the GT)

I feel the same way. I beat on my car a bit, but the tranny does feel really weird...when it's cold, I get some very harsh shifts. When it warms up it's better, but still not great. I'm a bit concerned about it. My family's getting another subby in a month or two, and I'm going to try to get one that has a different transmission. (Hopefully the 5eat of the GT)

Well i haven't tried the 5EAT, but Consumer Reports put "Transmission" as a High w/ their test of the LGT.

I sold my 97 4EAT OBW with 165K miles on it. That transmission is as reliable as any auto on the market as far as I can tell.

Manual shift cars cost less, but their resale value is much less, so you don't really save anything.

Disconnect your battery for a while and try driving just the way you want. Supposedly the trans is adaptive and learns your driving style. But a 5spd is a lot better, one reason I bought the H6 this time.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived