LegacyGT.com

used legacy gt

slimjoe

This post is aimed more towards the current owners of either the 2005 or 2006 LGT (manual). Now that you've had your car for umm, however long you've had it, knowing what you know now, if you were to buy a used LGT, what would you check for on the car before buying it?

I guess I'm more asking, what areas of the car have received more wear/tear than others and how much should I look for?

I just got one and had to do warranty service on the mirror and get the security system mode changed over. If it's under warranty you have a pretty good chance of them convering any problems.

One thing you should worry about is the clutch. A lot of them seem to get burned out quickly. When I got my warranty service I had them print out all warranty claims. Turns out the clutch and flywheel were just replaced within 50 miles of receiving the vehicle.

check tire wear..if the edges are worn bad or even melted, it has been driven hard into corners. Look for scratches under the front and rear bumpers, on the mufflers and if you can get it on a lift, check the underside to make sure nothing has been mangled by jumping a curb or anything. clutch shouldnt be a problem, but use your judgement and maybe drive a couple LGT"s to see how the clutches feel so you know what to look for. I didnt really have any problems with mine (bought it as a demo). they are a good car so it is mostly abuse issues you are looking for.

Thanks for the info, that's what I was looking for. I've test driven a few LGT's from the dealership so I'm pretty sure what to expect from the clutch. I'll definately keep the other suggestions in mind though. =D

Archived