LegacyGT.com

who can do an engine swap for me??

i'm in charlotte, NC. im wonderin if ya'll know anyone anywhere around here (in NC or SC) who would stick a WRX engine into a 97-99 legacy GT. i'm thinkin maybe a subaru mechanic, on the weekend in his own shop . . . better $$ for him and me. i can change the suspension pieces and exhaust and speakers, but engine swap is WAY over my head. if anyone knows anyone who might be interested, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
robinslb must be new to Subaru. It's a lot of money but it can be done successfully.

That is exactly what I said big bucks. Heck there was a guy back in the 60's that raced a "JABRA'. An XKE with a 289 Cobra motor. Was fast, but didn't really work out. And he was very,very rich. Meaning he spent a bundle! Continuously over one year.

Basic engine swaps easy, making everything else work, trans gearing,electronics,weight distribution,brakes, PITA!

3 Subies and more antique/classic/racing cars then I care to count.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

OK, I agree ^^^.

But you shouldn't say it won't work. It'll just cost you an arm and a leg. WRX swap should be fine. STI with AVCS and DCCD probably all won't compute but it will go like hell and cost you 16k+.

Not a good idea, at all. Engine swaps almost never work,unless in drag racing.

whaaaa???

im pretty sure the itr motor i put in my civic did pretty damn well

as did the k20 into the civic that "shaved" 5 seconds off the 1/4 mile time from stock and absolutely TORE up the autox

• 2 weeks later...
Not a good idea, at all. Engine swaps almost never work,unless in drag racing.

Engine swaps never work out? Are you serious?!? :lol: :lol: Welcome to the world of imports.. we do it all the time here.. where did you get that notion that swaps dont work? And if you do the research, it works out just fine, and it DOESNT cost THAT much if you are looking at understanding what is involved.. espeically when you look at a billion Hondas doing swaps.. god, anymore I see around my neck of the woods and I will puke, xcntrk75 knows what I am talking about.. nothing around here in the MD area is "normal" anymore. If the car is going through a pure engine transplant, it's not a big deal, but people just carried away that since they got a BIGGER and better motor, they just want to add more to it, which becomes the addiction and then the price goes up.

I've seen from 93' Honda Civic Hatch LX auto swapped out to a H22A (Honda Prelude if you dont know) mated with a 5spd tranny.. and to top it all off, throw in a turbo on top of that.

http://www.inlinepro.com/

if you want to know some Subaru swaps, just look around on http://www.NASIOC.com as there are many there as well, and working just fine.

Keefe

Archived