LegacyGT.com

2.5i Hood same fit as the GT?

wukindada

there was a discussion here recently about whether or not the 2.5i hood was steel or aluminum...

several members chimed in stating that they believe the 2.5i is in fact aluminum as well (non magnetic, at least)... so the weight savings may not be an issue.

As far as i know, this wasn't actually confirmed by a 2.5i owner --- but many people felt it was true...

all i'm trying to say is this -- don't rule it out yet -- you might want to investigate further becuase it still may be worthwhile.

• 6 months later...
I am looking @ possibly switching out my GT hood (Garnet Red) for a standard 2.5i.

Cleaner look & adds a little to the "Sleeper" effect;)

Does it have the exact same fittment?

You see, rather if it is aluminum or not... it is just not a cheap possibility...

THERES NO GARNET RED 2.5i....

But there were Garnet Red 3.0R Outback sedans and GRP Outback wagons.

No scoop, but does have raised "strakes" inboard of the hood crease lines. Take a look at red beasts's car... not quite as plain as 2.5i... but close.

And it should be exact same fitment. Grilles attach in the same place (but go deeper into the bumper cover area on outback... top edge of grille should be the same.)

headlights, fenders, windsheild cowl, and everything else that borders the hood should be identical.

But there were Garnet Red 3.0R Outback sedans and GRP Outback wagons.

No scoop, but does have raised "strakes" inboard of the hood crease lines. Take a look at red beasts's car... not quite as plain as 2.5i... but close.

And it should be exact same fitment. Grilles attach in the same place (but go deeper into the bumper cover area on outback... top edge of grille should be the same.)

headlights, fenders, windsheild cowl, and everything else that borders the hood should be identical.

:whore:

That wagon is hawt and I like the clean look alot. However, I think those strakes would subtly hint to the passing pedestrian at the beast which lies inside.

TTIWWOPC (without photochops)

PS: Good catch Ambivalence!

:whore:

That wagon is hawt and I like the clean look alot. However, I think those strakes would subtly hint to the passing pedestrian at the beast which lies inside.

TTIWWOPC (without photochops)

PS: Good catch Ambivalence!

If there's something called a 3.0R in north america, i'd prolly will buy the car even that means living on canned food.

The problem is, canada doesnt even have the 3.0 outback sedan.

• 12 years later...
there was a discussion here recently about whether or not the 2.5i hood was steel or aluminum...

several members chimed in stating that they believe the 2.5i is in fact aluminum as well (non magnetic, at least)... so the weight savings may not be an issue.

As far as i know, this wasn't actually confirmed by a 2.5i owner --- but many people felt it was true...

all i'm trying to say is this -- don't rule it out yet -- you might want to investigate further becuase it still may be worthwhile.

i just swapped a 06 gt hood on to my 09 2.5i. both of the hoods weighed identical. no difference what so ever coming to weight

Archived