LegacyGT.com

2007 Subaru Impreza will be hatchback!!!

fzanetti

Just think how well those ugly things will help you 04,05,06 STi's hold their value. Everyone will opt for a used Impreza over the ugly new thing.:icon_bigg

Everyone thought the same thing about the BMW new design..

We were all wrong!!!! That doesn't hold the value of an used car, people may buy a different brand, but not an used one....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

There is just something OFF about it. I can't tell. I don't know if it is in the freakish egg shape, or that huge spoiler in the back...It really seems if someone with giant fingers pinched the current design in the front and squished everything together in a wedge shape. Only time and more pics will tell the tale.

The Auto Express cover art looks better than the B5...

But still looks like an illustration. It would not surprize me if it went to a 5-door hatch for the sedan to try to compete with the EVO X

I hope they don't make anything that looks like the B5, or the Euro Civic Hatchback, or the GTI. I wouldn't mind so much if they built a coupe version that looked more like the Scion tC, though.

But it is a moot point for me, as a Legacy is my choice, regardless. The only subaru that might change my mind, would be if they re-invent an SVX-resurrection.

I saw a nice red SVX last night, which there aren't a lot of them around here, and I really do like that car on a basic concept level, but there are some details that are very "90s"

that could use an update, and it needs a turbocharged and manual trans drivetrain.

I wish they would update them, use the Legacy Sedan's hardpoints, and make a new SVX-esque GT coupe out of it.

Something sleeker and more appealing than the B11S concept.

Done right, they could even use some of the new design language from the tribeca. Done wrong and it would be just as ugly as the tribeca.

THAT sort of a hatchback I would buy.

I thought the Impreza was going to be on the Legacy chassis, which means they are going to make a big arse hatchback?

Sharing a platform doesn't mean that the cars will be the same size. Different length/wheelbase cars built on the same platform aren't uncommon.

And I wouldn't trust Auto Express all that much for the information that they have. Their "exclusive" 06 spy pictures were just edited versions of commonly available 04 pictures. The rear of the car was completely wrong too. And that was when it was just a facelift and not an all new car.

Hmmm. I like the 2 door and I want one. However, the first generation Impreza was produced for what, 8,9 years? I know that Subaru is into the 5 year multiples right now, but I like the '06 Impreza. So when I go to find one, it will be tough, because they were only produced for 1 year. I went through this already with my LGT. 9 months of waiting.

Hmmm. I like the 2 door and I want one. However, the first generation Impreza was produced for what, 8,9 years? I know that Subaru is into the 5 year multiples right now, but I like the '06 Impreza. So when I go to find one, it will be tough, because they were only produced for 1 year. I went through this already with my LGT. 9 months of waiting.

Well even though its due out in fall of 07, the 07 impreza will be the same as the one you see on showrooms now so there will be 2 years of them out there because it will be introduced as an 08 model.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Well i just noticed that magazine cover is from last year.. so really until i see some spy shots in a major car magazine im not going to believe anything :)
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Well i just noticed that magazine cover is from last year.. so really until i see some spy shots in a major car magazine im not going to believe anything :)

Yeah, that cover is definately the work of photoshop and some imagination. Heck, it looks a lot like the c230 sport hatch modified into a subaru look. There's also a graphical defect on the passenger side fog light cover. If you look at both the covers, you'll see the driver side one has a largish inlet on the outside of it. The passenger side one is a lot smaller (like a sliver). I'd chalk it up to the angle, but to me, visualizing that angle makes me believe that the image passenger side inlet would look completely different. Lastly, the front grill is wrong, it's too uniform. If you look at the B9 and the current STI, the center part is larger than the side wings. This mockup has them all the same hight, more or less.

Anyway, because it's from last year, you'd think it would have been all over the press and we'd have heard about it.

Talk about bad press.

Archived