LegacyGT.com

Any S. Carolinians??

what

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey skillz, do you know what time the autoxing is supposed to be?? like start to finish time?

If you get there by 8:00 am you will have time to get your car tech'd and walk the course a few times. It should be over around 2-3 pm. If you go, we could all grab a bite to eat after and talk about how many times we spun out and how many cones we hit :lol:

crap, i wont be able to make it. oh well. I am planning on trying to go dragracing as soon as I get back. Hopefully that saturday night. I am gonna have to wait and see. I might try to go to darlington if they dont have an event that night.. When I get home my TMIC and my AP should be there waiting for me.. woo whooo!!

• 2 weeks later...
I am bored, just thought I would throw something up here.. hmm. Lets see.. Ohh if anyone is around tomorrow night. I am going to try and go dragracing at that 1/8 mile track in Lugoff.. Hopefully I will have my new intercooler on tomorrow..

I am bored, just thought I would throw something up here.. hmm. Lets see.. Ohh if anyone is around tomorrow night. I am going to try and go dragracing at that 1/8 mile track in Lugoff.. Hopefully I will have my new intercooler on tomorrow..

Did you make it to the track?

What's new on your car?

Phew.. i need to start checking this every day. ok, so now I have Perrin TMIC, Cobb stage II, headers, uppipe, downpipe, stromung exhaust, and K&N drop in filter.. I think thats it. My car is running a whole lot better with the Cobb stage II then running a Manual boost controller. I ran the 1/8th mile last weekend. My best run was a 8.38. I ran a 8.34 but redlighted bye -.001. If you are looking at getting any more stuff for your car, let me know I might be able to let you know if its good or not. I have learned so much about this car and Subarus in general in the last year. Its been pretty cool.

• 1 year later...

We're looking to relocate to the Charleston area sometime this summer. Our plan is to buy a home with enough property that I can put in an extra 3-4 stall garage on the lot with at least one lift and one closeable pit. The location has to be one that's insulated/isolated enough that the neighbors don't get their undies in a bunch everytime the boxers start up, do a few high-rpm sound-offs, or the guys are doing an install day and the air tools are running full-bore.

It seems that most of you are out toward the Columbia area so realistically how far is that from Charleston - driving-wise? On the map it look about 100-120 miles, but I've also spent time on the I-26 and know that that can be a PITA.

Anyway - hope to see many of you soon.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

What part of Charleston?

We're looking at homes out along the 165 corridor, starting as far South East as Meggett, and working North through Hollywood, Ravenel, Stono Ferry towards Summerville, but West of the Ashley and outside the Mark Clark. Basically that area bounded by the 17, 61 and 165. Close enough that work will be a 15-20 minute commute but far enough that I'm not stuck in the "city".

SBT

I used to live in Summerville and visited the West Ashley area a good bit. I actually talked my way out of a ticket on the Mark Clark! You will be about 1 hr 45 min from Columbia so maybe we can meet up at an auto cross in Charleston or Columbia.

How are you liking the housing prices?? When are you moving?

I used to live in Summerville and visited the West Ashley area a good bit. I actually talked my way out of a ticket on the Mark Clark! You will be about 1 hr 45 min from Columbia so maybe we can meet up at an auto cross in Charleston or Columbia.

How are you liking the housing prices?? When are you moving?

Summerville is certainly on our "entertain" list. We do a lot of hiking, camping, and I do a lot of open water/sea kayaking and so for the former two things, I suspect that Western SC will be more to our liking, while the big rivers and the Atlantic will be more to my liking for the latter.

We're kind of surprised by the home prices. For the same thing that I could buy a < 2500 sq ft 3 BR/2BA home on a 1/4 acre sized lot here ($5-600K), I'm into a very nicely appointed 3600 sq ft 4+BR, 3BA executive home with 2-3 stall attached garage and a very nicely landscaped, large (1+ acre) property there. In many cases, with water access (note kayaking comment above) and quiet privacy. We're close to a major freeway here, so we have constant noise and that's a primary factor in any decision we make.

Right now, we're looking for a late summer/early fall move (could be sooner though). And we may rent for up to a year, just to make sure that we're getting into the home that we want, at a better price point, as long as prices continue to drop. We spent a full week there the week after Thanksgiving and saw about 75-80 homes (there's a ton of inventory available) so we have a fairly good idea at this point where we want to focus our efforts.

Would welcome an opportunity to get together on your end. The next time I'm out for any duration, I'll check in with the crew and see if we can't get together.

SBT

• 9 months later...
I fly into Charleston on Sunday night (from Florida) and will be there through Friday afternoon. Anyone want to get together later on in the week LMK.

Archived