LegacyGT.com

Any S. Carolinians??

what

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the one!! The first time I went I had just washed my car:icon_mad: . It's all good since it is so close to home.

Hey Wes- you really need to get some Stage 1 runs:icon_tong

We'll have to do a head-to-head match at the track!:icon_bigg

• 2 weeks later...
huh yeah sure.. close enough to me. I go down to aiken some and race. Elgin?? is that the Midlands raceway?? the one by Camden? or is Elgin somewhere else?

Are you interested in meeting up at the track one day soon?

• 4 weeks later...
I just thought i would post up something in here cause nobody has in a while.. ahh.. hey skillz.. where in SC did you say you were?? we should try to get together sometime maybe on a weekend.. and if anyone else could possibly meet up..

I'm in the Columbia area.

A few of us are meeting in Charlotte tomorrow for an install day. PM me if you are interested. Sorry about the late notice.

I read you have a downpipe! Would love to see/hear it sometime. The Elgin track is open if you want to meet there sometime. We could probably talk RollinWes in to meeting us there.

thats cool.. what are yall getting installed?? I have been trying to get up to the track there, I think they race on fri and sat night now. I friend of mine said theres a track, i think its silverton that is open on sunday, thats a good day for me. But anyways, I go up to Harbison Blvd sometimes on Saturday night. Theres kind of a little cruise up there with mostly teeny boppers, but usually theres some others there..

lol.. probably true.. so what are the symptons of the problem your trying to find? I am pretty good at fixing problems seeing as how I get myself into them all the time. lol..

i've got a clunking noise. started out sounding like clicking axles now it's clunking. checked the swaybar and endlinks and they aren't broken. checked the axle boots and neither the inner or outer boots on both axles are cracked, but i'll probably still replace them. the tierod boots aren't cracked. so i'm probably gonna change the front diff fluid and see if it's a diff problem. i hope not. it only happens on low speed sharp turning (i.e parking or backing out). while it was up i turned the wheel back and forth to try to replicate, but nothing so it seems to only happen when something in rotating (rules out a steering rack type issue). my go buy 2 more jack stands, put all 4 up, crank it up, and run it in first while turning the wheel. the bad thing about awd...gotta have all 4 up :(

Kenda :dm:

I live in Seneca, SC. NW corner of the state, just past Clemson on highway 123. We definitely need some Subaru meets where we can bring together all 5 Subies in the state! :lol:

Seriously, are there any meets in the near future that are within 3-4 hours driving time? I understand Road Atlanta has open track days every once in a while. Maybe the SC owners could meet there some day.

thats cool.. what are yall getting installed?? I have been trying to get up to the track there, I think they race on fri and sat night now. I friend of mine said theres a track, i think its silverton that is open on sunday, thats a good day for me. But anyways, I go up to Harbison Blvd sometimes on Saturday night. Theres kind of a little cruise up there with mostly teeny boppers, but usually theres some others there..

Where does everyone usually meet at in the Harbison Blvd area. Maybe I could catch up with you one night and hang out.

Harbison Blvd.. umm like right behind the Sonic. Theres a shopping center with a bookstore, and like a workout gym. People just meet in that parking lot there.. Its right behind Rush's too if your familiar with that area. You get off at Harbison Blvd, go towards the mall, past the mall and then its on your right. That is one place we could meet up sometime..

I dont make it up there every Saturday, usually just every now and then, so I am kinda hit and miss. But if we could maybe come up with a date I would make it. Anyone else up for this maybe?? Itd be cool if we could get a lot people up there.

hey guys, i am heading down to CMP (http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com) this weekend (Kershaw, SC, just about an hour away from columbia?) for a NASA track weekend.. I know, it's really last minute, but I'll be down there this entire weekend.. Im leaving Maryland at 1ish I hope and get down to the place by 11pm.. I probably end up leaving the area some time around Sunday at 5 or 6pm.. it's going to be a fun time! It's free to come in and spectate at the track. I dont think it's too far for anyone right?
Keefe

If you can make it to a NASA event, it is well worth it. Ive driven CMP before...it was awesome. Warning though...you will like it and it will make you want to get out there and do it. Good luck Keefe!

Do you have your racer's license, instructor, etc? Just curious. I was working toward getting my racer's license, but my car was stolen and now I dont have time or the money to do it. It gets expensive.

Chris

If you can make it to a NASA event, it is well worth it. Ive driven CMP before...it was awesome. Warning though...you will like it and it will make you want to get out there and do it. Good luck Keefe!

Do you have your racer's license, instructor, etc? Just curious. I was working toward getting my racer's license, but my car was stolen and now I dont have time or the money to do it. It gets expensive.

Chris

instructor for now.. i am preparing my SpecE30 and hope to run it by next year and take the super comp school by the end of this year or beginning of next year.. if things are doing well in the Solo2 races that i do, then i'll post-pone the E30 until 2008 (this gives me some time to get in some practice and learn more of the track in the instructor session and take it slow then.. it will also help my students as the more experience I get running different lines and understanding different pavement characteristics when you are off-line).

I was out on CMP for about 8 sessions or more? I can't remember, but I did log in about just over 200 miles on that track this weekend.. NASA let the instructors run in the time trial sessions as well. It rained on Sunday for most of the day and all the Time-trialers left, so the instructors had open track almost back to back. When the rain was coming down for some, it was only 3 instructors on the track!!! (Me, an Exige, and a 911) That was the most fun Ive had in my tracking career. I'll post video of that later.

i didnt have a good internet connection while I was down there, so I didnt check up the posts. I would have liked to meet some of you guys down there.

Here are some pics of me this weekend from CMP.. video will come later:

*link pending*

some others from April at another track:

http://www.europrints.us/06shenandoah04/HPDE4/128/index.htm

Keefe

ahh well i missed it.. lol I am a week late. I would of come up there though cause thats not even an hour from me. I am going to try and head up to that track sometime though and see what they have that I can do some running around the track for a novice road coarser..

• 3 weeks later...

Archived