LegacyGT.com

Subaru February 2006 Sales Numbers

gfxdave99

HERE-YEE-HERE-YEEE For the moooth of feeeebuurarrreyyyyy the legggaccyyyyy out-sold the outback! And 297 suckers bought Baja's ;)

- Impreza Sales Up 13% Over Last Year -

CHERRY HILL, N.J., March 1 -- Subaru of America, Inc. today reported February sales totaling 13,635 units. Sales of the Impreza line were up 13 percent from the same period last year.

The Subaru B9 Tribeca recorded 1,560 units for the month of February. The Subaru Legacy model line posted a total of 5,823 units, with Subaru Outback posting 4,125 units for the month. Subaru Impreza posted 2,576 unit sales, up thirteen percent, while Subaru Forester posted 3,379 units in February. Subaru Baja also recorded 297 units for the month.

FYI you can get the whole report at http://www.media.subaru.com/ lots of other interesting stuff there too. :)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

And 297 suckers bought Baja's ;)

:lol::lol:

lots of other interesting stuff there too. :)
true.dat

This is kind of interesting wonder why the divide :confused:

-Subaru B9 Tribeca, Legacy and Outback models pre-wired for XM Satellite Radio

-Subaru Forester and Impreza models pre-wired for Sirius Satellite Radio

Yah it's confusing.. but they lump the Legacy and Outback together...

5823 = outback, legacy, etc...

4125 = outback only

Therefore, 5823 - 4125 = 1698 Legacy sales...

The Outback is the bread 'n butter...

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

']No' date=' it didn't, you dolt. Outback outsold Legacy by better than 2.4:1.[/quote']

I see the sensitivity training is paying off :lol:

What a disaster. YTD Legacy down 14%, Forester down 27%, Baja down 31% (how low can it go???), Tribeca on pace to sell well under 20,000.

Eeek even legacy sedan sales are down 17% now that i re-read the doc on subaru :(

lets hope sheryl crow can breathe some life into sales in march

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I see the sensitivity training is paying off :lol:

What a disaster. YTD Legacy down 14%, Forester down 27%, Baja down 31% (how low can it go???), Tribeca on pace to sell well under 20,000.

Touché. The last Baja will be built by April. Expect Baja sales to decline dramatically after July. :)

• 3 weeks later...

This 'dolt' has an '05 Outback XT Ltd (turbo), and, an '05 Baja Turbo, both 5 speed manuals. You may be missing more in the Baja Turbo than you realize, :->, the sucker kicks some serious butt.

Tom

Well maybe the Tribeca would sell more if it didn't look like that thing from Super Mario Bro 2.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0718/1.gif

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/tribeca/tribeca06silver1.gif

You think they would drive Tribeca's?

The Feb sales figures surprise me.I dont know about other regions/markets but the Baltimore area has been flooded with Subaru(Legacy,Tribeca,Forester)advertising on TV(cable included)radio(mainstream)and print.This has been going on steady since Decenber here.

I've been a Subaru owner for quite a few years and never remember so much mainstream advertising.

Other markets doing the same??

Look at the Spec B registry link and I think that is part of the problem. I've been looking for new 5-spds to start showing up but NOTHING and I mean NOTHING is moving in WA OR or ID. I've been watching the same two red 5-spds on dealer's lots now for MONTHS! Almost every dealer has a Spec B and they aren't moving. My local dealer just started running a promo for 5 day 4 night cruise for any new Subie bought between now and the end of the month. (Personally I'd rather take the cash). The gas prices have hurt the Legacy I think and those "employee discount" programs that the GM and Ford ran moved a ton of iron (and now they are paying for it with no sales movement at all). It will be interesting to see what incentives do in March. I went to just look at the new Camry (thought that might be another factor holding some sales back) but that car looks blander than the Legacy.

Well my thoughts >>

I'm not sure what is really going on with the 'can't find a 5spd GT' issue. I hear on the forum of people looking and looking for a LGT 5Spd and just cant find one. I bought mine from a dealer that just couldnt move it. It's a good thing that they are dropping the Baja, it was a nice idea, but when other car makers cant sell theirs why do they think this one will sell. Subaru needs to stick to sedan format for the Impreza, i'm thinking about getting one in the future, but not if its a hatch ( :icon_mad::( ). The SpecB was a bad idea, special models may work in Japan where subaru is more well known and more in place for the performance segment, but i believe the american mentality when it comes to buying a car is a bit different. Look at it this way, when you ask a well-in-the-know american buyer what is a good performance buy from subaru is, he will tell you the WRX, not the legacy. The SpecB would be great, along with more power, a couple model years from now. Subaru just played there cards to early. Im sure how they can promote the Tribeca better, but subaru is trying to make themselves into a luxury brand with this one, and in the process putting themselves with fierce competition from Acura and Lexus. the Outback and Forestered are just fine ... as always lol.

I love my car ... basically.

Another Subaru-should-do-this-to-be-better-list: :D

Direct injection to help fuel economy, lower emissions, and improve off-boost turbo performance and/or increase performance.

Hybrid Outback using Subaru's battery technology and Toyota's hybrid experience would tie in perfectly with Subaru's image for the Outback.

Stability control on more bread-and-butter models

H6 in more bread-and-butter models

More interior space, or at least perceived interior space. Foot space under front seats, more passenger leg room, longer wheelbase. Last is tough to do and keep balanced look because of engine arrangement.

More luxury goodies.

Archived