LegacyGT.com

Vehicle Speed Signal and Navigation

snoman

QUESTION.... Regarding the stock navigation unit... is there a way to allow the navigation unit to run while the vehicle is in motion.

It is a huge pain to have to pull over and completely stop every time I want to use the navigation. My buddies New honda accord does not do that. We often times ride together for business and it woudl be nice if the passenger could input destinations while you drive. This is horrible.

Thanks

does it say anything about it in the Manual (Ask Manuel)?

Keefe

...I haven't found it yet and ...

Where have you looked? :icon_bigg

Soon as I've had my first service, I want to investigate the wiring to the steering wheel controls. The steering wheel mute is useless, because it is toggle on/off, but I want to see what happens if I simulate a seventh button.

trabbic posted in the "Subaru OEM Plug-n-Play Bluetooth Phone Module! " thread that he saw a "CALL" message on the radio displayed when he was poking around the rear connectors, but is not sure how he got it.

• 2 months later...
An updates on the OP Connector? i just got a avic-n2 and wanna find the easiest route in running the wires.

You should be able to find a pin schematic of that connector in the "vacation pics"

ignore him, he'll go away.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm with Sarge too, The pics and links are not working. I've got a 2005 Legacy manual putting in a Sony Sony XAV-601BT, and would like to hook up the VSS wire cuz mostly I'm lazy and deaf and tired of adjusting the volume knob.

thanks muchas

I'm installing a Pioneeer AVIC.

I think I found the reverse signal indicator below the glove box, and I've got an inline connector hooked up on that one.

Vehicle speed sensor, from reading this post is very near there, and is a green wire with a black stripe. I saw that earlier today, but did not get to connect it yet.

I still need to connect the "parking brake" wire from the system. I know there are a lot of suggestions about bypassing this requirement. I'm not necessarily interested in a bypass, just interested in hooking it up as the manufacturer suggests so that the system will become fully functional. I've got the boot off the parking brake, but it's not clear to me where to tap in. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

if you hook up the Parking brake it will not be fully functional. When the brake is on you can watch DVD's and play with the navi. When it is off and the car is moving. NO DVD can play! nor can you type in Navi directions(on some units).

• 7 years later...
Is this something the idatalink Maestro RR2 accomplishes?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I think the pioneer dmh z6350bt isnt compatible with maestro and isnt available in our country

one thing to note is that the factory unit of the my legacy had navigation....could the wire be in the radio harness? and if yes, what colour is it?

hi guys managed to get the wire

note my legacy is 2010 jdm BR9 which had navigation

after replacing the factory headunit, there's an unused white harness with 4 wires...the light green wire is the one.

after connecting, you need to drive the car at least 40km/hr for the pioneer to change status to connected.

In the multimeter, the wire shows around 5v on motion and 12v on stopping

In my 3d calibration(pioneer dmh-z6350bt), it shows 3d hybrid....now am able to connect my iphone wirelessly to carplay

Edited by aizen
error