LegacyGT.com

So what are your thoughts on this wagon?

Just wondering what people though of the new Dodge Magnum? I have been keeping my eye on it simply because I kinda like the style and it had been rumored to come with AWD (at least that's what edmunds.com says).. [img]http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/img/gallery/enlarge/magnum/magnum_2.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/img/gallery/enlarge/magnum/magnum_5.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/img/gallery/enlarge/magnum/magnum_1.jpg[/img] [url]http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/magnum/index.html?context=home&type=promo1_img[/url] I think it has some potential.. but I am just curious to hear how it will be bashed. :lol:

Maybe that's what I like about it.. the chop top. I think it looks pretty sweet except for the front. Maybe it's just because it's a new design that I like it. I am so bored with car design nowadays. Seems like everything is too futuristic or too retro.. I am not easily satisfied.

My first thought was its pretty interesting for a Wagon, however yeah it's very heavy, american therefore very likely to be only an auto, and doesn't look as good as the original pic I saw. Damn those look like some HEAVY wheels. Should be plenty of room in there though. :)

But the Ford GT does. :roll: Oh wait, little bit difference in price. Still, I think the Legacy is a lot better deal if you don't have a family of 5 and really want a good handling car with power, nice interior, and great overall value. I haven't been overly impressed with domestic interiors.

You're going to have to wait a bit for final details Zevil to Chicago or after. BTW, you want to come down to Chitown on the 14th? Check NABISCO Midwest section for who is all going. We got a thread going on it. :)

I think it looks pretty phat. I think that it is a great car for American muscle. I'm sure it's not meant to be a mountain road carver, but it looks like it could hold its own as a boulevard bruiser. I'm sure there is going to be plenty of aftermarket to get some serious hp out of the hemi if you can afford the price at the gas pump. The weight is probably similar to an A6 quattro, and those do just fine for normal driving conditions. Something really smart that they did is that the hinge for where the hatch opens is further in like the Nissan Stagea so that it can be opened even if it is parked close to a wall. The hatch doesn't swing out 3ft. and probably makes opening it easier as well. This isn't good if you have stuff on the non-existent roof rack though. Actually, the biggest thing I have against it is that it looks difficult to see out the back the way that it slopes down a bit.

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']My wife would freak BIGTIME if I went to a carshow on the 14th :lol::lol: I would love to go but I am just going to have to rely on you and Kevin to bring back AS MANY pics as you can!![/quote] I hear ya.... LOL Valentine's Day on the 14th.... If one day/eve must be devoted to the wife this is the day :) Get pics lots of them... cheers Nick

I loved the concept but I don't like production one as much. They changed the bumper that looked like BMW M3 as well as the projector headlights ( I think headlight had darker tint ). It is pretty huge car and it looks good. I will take it if someone gave it to me. :)

It's changing it for USDM standards. The concept you're comparing it to is the International model. The bumpers, emissions, and everything change for the USDM to improve crash testing and the low-speed repair bills. Subaru is one of the best at that. As for the lights, I've been told by someone that the output is new the HIDs. Projectors can do a pretty good job.

[quote name='SUBE555']It's changing it for USDM standards. The concept you're comparing it to is the International model. The bumpers, emissions, and everything change for the USDM to improve crash testing and the low-speed repair bills. Subaru is one of the best at that. As for the lights, I've been told by someone that the output is new the HIDs. Projectors can do a pretty good job.[/quote] Dude... do you just impulse post or what? I think he was talking about the dodge magnum that this thread is based upon! :lol::lol:

Archived