LegacyGT.com

Walbro Fuel Pump Exchange Program !!!

PLTek

hi Guys/Gals,

Just got done doing the retrofit with my mechanic. I want to find out if anyone will be interested in doing the upgrade. So it would work same way as another vendor here:

1. We send you a ready assy with 255l/hr Walbro pump

2. You install it and send us back your assy with stock pump

The whole transaction costs:

1. We charge you 450+20USD shipping so a total of 470USD

2, You send us back your assy in perfect condition, we credit 200USD.

You are styling, so you get 255l/hr fuel pump, installed in assembly and delivered for 270 USD

http://www.pltek.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1106_21_32_56&products_id=428

Let us know if you are interested.

Peter Sz

PLTek,llc

www.pltek.net

subie@pltek.net

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that many people out there want this done at least they say they do so i figured to give you an option.

total cost when you are done is 270

you are paying for 255l/hr fuel pump, retrofit labor, and shipping.

This option is 95USD cheaper than the AVO program and you get 255l/hr pump.

Not sure how much cheaper we can get my friend.

Thanks for asking.

PS

PLTek,llc

$ wasnt really the problem, just wanted to know what u guys were doing with it--- option. & thanks

one more thing, stage 2 & tuned...... get pump & will be adding on other things

inlettube, headers,perrin extension & y pipe upgrade IC....... so should i re-tune or will i be needing injectors??

how are you?

We will buy a stock assy and walbro fuel pump, retrofit, taking it apart, grinding, clean, securing the pump, reassebly, that type of stuff. :lol:

You will definitely need to get retuned with intake, new tmic.

You dont need new injectors, and new fuel pump as a matter of fact, until you sway to like an 18G turbo.

So what you described, just add injectors and turbo and you can make some serious power.

Best

PS

PLTek,llc

Im Batman & yes i have wonderfull toys.

thanks for the details,hahahaha

i already have a stage 2 w/ intake- tuned. i was talking about the turbo inlet tube. so no injectors, or even pump unless turbo. but with every thing else probably be best to re-tune.........Oh injectors,pump,turbo- yes in time or the right price........

hi, you were talking about adding tmic and other things, i say get all the stuff pump, injectors, turbo, inlet hose and then get another tune, once you are ready of course

injectors and pump will only be utilized when you slap a larger turbo on, no need to flood the engine with extra gas if you cant pump more air into it:lol:

ROCK ON MY FRIEND

PS

PLTek,llc

hi, you were talking about adding tmic and other things, i say get all the stuff pump, injectors, turbo, inlet hose and then get another tune, once you are ready of course

injectors and pump will only be utilized when you slap a larger turbo on, no need to flood the engine with extra gas if you cant pump more air into it:lol:

ROCK ON MY FRIEND

PS

PLTek,llc

+1 If a stage 2 STI with a vf39/34 is able to run under the same injectors(though right at the limit), a vf40(slightly smaller than a vf39) w/bolt-on's certainly don't need injectors)

Just thought I'd say that I recently purchased the 300 dollar AVO pump, which is a great piece... but the install was not easy! Taking out the fuel pump assembly is a piece of cake, but taking it apart to put the new pump in is no walk in the park... though now I'm finished and the car runs fine (going to install turbo soon). For 270 this is a great deal!

hi all im ted, peters mechanic......yo pete, whats up.

the pump will retain the stock fuel filter. there is quite a bit of work that goes into getting the walbro in the stock assembly, though when done, you would never know unless you knew what to look for. this walbro unit will plug right into the stock harness. there is no need for cutting and splicing the electrical wires inside the fuel tank.

ted

I'm interested in that... just curious, mdturbo, didn't you do the walbro mod on your lgt - did you do something different with the filter?

Havent gotten around to finishing it as I was put off by the tight fit to have it work correctly... I'll probably take another stab at it soon.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

hi all im ted, peters mechanic......yo pete, whats up.

the pump will retain the stock fuel filter. there is quite a bit of work that goes into getting the walbro in the stock assembly, though when done, you would never know unless you knew what to look for. this walbro unit will plug right into the stock harness. there is no need for cutting and splicing the electrical wires inside the fuel tank.

ted

Hi Ted, glad to hear there's a fuel filter still playing a role.

man, my car still smells like fuel but almost gone. now waiting game, injectors, trying to figure out intake situation, then turbo Teds hammock and turbo wrap kit and off to get it tuned. :lol:

ANyone want a Walbro fuel pump yet?

Beuler?

man, my car still smells like fuel but almost gone. now waiting game, injectors, trying to figure out intake situation, then turbo Teds hammock and turbo wrap kit and off to get it tuned. :lol:

ANyone want a Walbro fuel pump yet?

Beuler?

this reminds me......use caution when removing the assembly, you will spill some gas out of the slush pot while tilting to get it out of the tank. most of the "spill" will make it int the tank, the rest will end up on the top of the tank and on the ground.

also you will have to be very sure that there is NO fuel at all left in the assembly prior to shipping! if they smell a srtong oder of gas, they (ups, fedex,usps,dhl) will refuse to accept the package for shipping.

i have NO idea why anyone would not put the filter back on.

I have a Walbro in my car right now and my hats off to you for getting the Walbro in AND flowing through the stock filter in the housing. I looked at the assembly a bunch of times and wasn't able to figure out how to do that. I was just going to add an outboard inline filter instead, which would serve the purpose. BTW, did you also retain the filter sock? I can see how it could work with that piece removed, since that would free up some space.

A sock needs to stay on since it keeps the debris from clogging up the pump (just as bad as clogging up an injector) On other cars I've seen literally dirt inside the wire mesh on a walbro which usually sits after the sock. crappy discount fuel = dirty literally.

the "sock" as you like to call it is the filter, it is the same style as the STI has.

side note, peters assembly did have DIRT in the bottom of it

negative,

sock -> fuel pump -> fuel filter -> to rails

The fuel filter is built into the housing. The sock is a pre-filter to keep the pump from dying as I described above.

negative,

sock -> fuel pump -> fuel filter -> to rails

The fuel filter is built into the housing. The sock is a pre-filter to keep the pump from dying as I described above.

i need to get my mind off the sti pump....you are correct

it is all still there with this swap

Archived