LegacyGT.com

2007 Subaru Line

praedet

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but hypothetically if, the styles of Legacy wagons are the same from 06 to 07, could one then replace the radio/temp unit from an 06 to one from an 07 to gain the XM and mp3 jack?

Good idea!!!!

I hope we will be able to do that!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

The new grill coloring (standard or mesh) seems to draw less attention to itself and that is a good thing. Generally this is an improvement. Less effective than a total redesign but much cheaper. We'll see what it does for sales.

Anyone know it it offers true iPod connectivity/control or does it simply have a line-in jack. Both would be welcome but the line-in is less exciting.

Subaru is to offer Sirius radio for the Forester, Impreza, and Outback Sport: http://www.subdriven.com/news/publish/Subaru_News/article_457.shtml

Subaru is to offer XM radio for the Legacy/Outback and Tribeca: http://www.subdriven.com/news/publish/Subaru_News/article_458.shtml

I don't get why they didn't just contract one company...

-ben

...is people who might really want those options simply settle for a Limited GT anyway.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. Chicken or Egg? Did the american car buyer settle for mediocrity first, or did the automotive industry offer only mediocrity for american buyer to accept first...

I am not saying that the LGT is a bad thing, and settling for it is somehow a disappointment. it isn't. I am saying that Subaru isn't necessarily right for thinking that customers will automatically settle for any given thing, when what they truly would like and pay for isn't offered.

But the whole mentality of "settling" is what kills me. We're talking about some of the biggest expenses in most middle-class people's lives. Transportation. It isn't an asset, but it is a necessity to most, and much more expensive than basic needs, like food and water.

People need to be more particular about what they spend tens of thousands of dollars on, let alone borrow under interest for. Why do you think I research cars years in advance of when I'll be able to purchase one? And I hate settling on the broad-stroke items. But I am not at all saying people should be like me. Far from it. I am definitely not in the norm on this topic. But people just plop down huge chunks of their hard-earned currency for some products that seem to be from boring to questionable quality.

And I really get my ire up when manufacturers ony offer things "to be settled for." That is fine for people who don't care as much, or have no problem settling for things. But not everyone is so easily mollified, and for manufacturers and designers to assume such is arrogant, and is hurting their businesses. (US auto makers, particularly. Almost all auto manufacturers and other product vendors are affected somewhat.)

Whether it is inability to offer really competitive and attractive products, unwillingness to spend the capital to do so, or hindrance from being able to do so by non-free-market forces, it all is the same in dissappointing the customers. How many times do we see good cars offered in other countries, but not in the US? How many products are offered with better value features (like all the features japanese-built legacies are able to accomidate, that are impossible to incorporate on North American built Legacies? That is the kind of "settling" and corporate non-sense I am talking about.

Wanting value in a given price range is one thing, settling for cheaper because cheaper is available is something else. When cheaper is almost the only thing available, that is frustrating.

If you want BMW/Audi-style long lists of options and colour combos, be prepared to pay BMW/Audi-style prices too. Subaru does not sell that many cars in North America - it's quite amazing that they offer as much variety as they do!

This is the straight up dope my man!!! Thanks 4 keepin' it REAL!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Here is the post from the local Subaru dealer on our local forum. If it is wrong, it is bacause Subaru lied to him. He is a very stand-up guy...

Ted

It looks like I'll be 'Selling outright' my 2005 Legacy GT Limited Wagon 5MT, instead of Lease Turn-In.

im not sure how i fell about the impreza being on the legacy platform ... doesnt this mean more body roll?

Depends upon suspension Subaru chooses: stiffer sways would keep body roll lower. I wish Subaru would offer a "Sport" tuned suspension vs. a "comfort" type, although, I guess, to some degree, the Spec B is just that, just incompletely implemented.

im not sure how i fell about the impreza being on the legacy platform ... doesnt this mean more body roll?

Impreza has always been on the legacy platform. and the legacy rolls way more than an impreza.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

au contraire mon frere..

Forester is on impreza platform. Legacy is different than both.

NO! impreza is on a modified Legacy platform and the Forester is built from the Impreza platform. Legacy platform is the basis for all Subaru cars one way or another.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

really?

That might have been true of a 2000 or so legacy, but I dont think that the 2003 forward legacy platform is the basis for the current impreza/forester.

well even if true, the wheelbase on the impreza/forester is much shorter than the legacy as evidenced by the lack of legroom in the back seats on both models :lol:

The current Legacy just rides on a newer version of its platform. The impreza will be moved to the newer version... but it all has the same roots.

Legacy

Legacy -> Outback

Legacy -> Outback -> Baja

Legacy -> Outback -> B9 Tribeca

Legacy -> Impreza

Legacy -> Impreza -> Forester

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived