LegacyGT.com

2007 Subaru Line

praedet

Colours wise the "vaulted" WRB on the LegacyGT Spec B in '07 is not going to happen. You're going to need to wait till the '08's to see that. (Oops, might have said to much. ;)

Also expect different wheel choices from the dealer as some have called the GT wheels "boring" in nature. That's all I can say about that for now. ;)

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!

WRB in 08. I don't think I can wait that long. Especially with the nice options that the 07 seems to be assembling.

At least the colors seem to be getting better. It does sound like the Spec B will be in all the GT colors, with red/black, or Black/darkBlue interiors. Nice. Especially if it is pairable with Regal Blue over black/darkBlue leather.

It will certainly be interesting to see what the new exterior colors will be, and the new non-boring wheel designs.

4500k option price for all that... Sounds like a chunk of change. But perhaps well worth it for everything that you list. A nice bright red might make me not so sorry about being unable to wait for WRB. :D

Hopefully it will be easier to get something like that under MSRP, rather than being held out as such a premium limited edition run... I guess we'll see.

I can't say that I am dissappointed with the info so far. (aside from that whole WRB for '08 thing, :icon_tong ) I am looking forward to hopefully being a 07 LGT or Spec B buyer and owner... Unless something falls through. But so far everything is on track for an August timeframe...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PDX- I'm coming down to Portland to be a part of this secret society you have going down there. I got an '02 GT, then went '05 GT, so it looks like an '08 GT STI it is for me!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be true.............
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

You are not the only one tintinet, however SoA doesn't see it that way....

Mitsu Evo Station Wagon is coming to the States soon though...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

more info on this !?!?!

i BADLY want an sti/evo wagon to replace my honduh as a daily driver. having two hot wagons and the hottest hatch would make me teh happy.

.... I still haven't gotten confirmation on the wagon issue (as far as availability of them) however.... since Subaru sells mostly outbacks in my neck of the woods (Northwest) it would REALLY suprise me if they pulled the Legacy GT Wagon / Manual SKU anytime soon. We'll have to wait and see though. :D

Wait...the Legacy GT Wagon/Manual has already been "pulled" in the US, are you saying it may be reintroduced in '07??? Please say it is so!

Wait...the Legacy GT Wagon/Manual has already been "pulled" in the US, are you saying it may be reintroduced in '07??? Please say it is so!

Well from what I know (thus far) the only wagon you can get in the GT as of now is the auto. That's for '06's as it stands however I would not be suprised if the manual wagons come back for the '07/'07.5 year ramping for the '08.

Either way I'm fairly confident that the '08 GT STI will come in the 6 Speed manual / 6 Speed Auto across the board.

Wagon and Sedan.

When can the little birdy that's talking to you show some spy pics PDX?:icon_bigg I don't mean specifically the '08 LSTI (DAMN, that rolls off the lip sooooo smooth: L S T I... ahhhhh) but rather just anything!!! You have a great source it sounds like, so as people always say:

:needpics:

j/k:lol: Keep that info flowing buddy! We all enjoy it...

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Personally, I'm in the same boat as Iwantasportssedan where I'm waiting to see what improvements are made for MY07's. Very glad to hear that it'll come w/the ipod jack and mp3 features, also fold down seats are about damm time!!!

My guess for the 2 new colors are 1. Forest/Dark Green and 2. Dark Gray/Gunmetal similar to the 05' Sti's. This would be my color of choice unless it comes in a taupe interior. Also, I'm willing to bet that WRB will initially be offered only on spec B models, since it is a sporty color that would match best w/its highest sport model.

So the front grille and rear tailights gonna stay the same for 07'? I don't mind the "boring" front grille, since it can be replaced easily w/aftermkt. My bigger concern is the tailights, hopefully it doesn't follow the WRX and change over to the Alcheeza style ones.

PDX - Any idea of what the 08' Legacy front-end will look like? Hope it doesn't follow the same Alfa-Romeo path as the Tribeca and WRX!!!!!

HID's will be optional on GT's and up? If so, any guesstimate on how much this would cost? If more than $500 might as well install it from after-mkt.

Hopefully the 07's will come w/VDC, but my gut feeling is no.

As for increase in HP for 08', I don't really care for the "STATED" increase since we all know this # can be easily boosted w/mods, esp. given what PDX said about the motor's stoutness. On the contrary, a lower factory hp rating is better for insurance rating purposes. ;)

Lastly, I'm a bit confused about the 6-spd tranny. Is it supposed to be offered in ALL 08' LGT models, or just the Spec B? If just spec B then I'll probably just bite the bullet and get an 07 regular LGT, since spec B would be at least $6k more considering all the additional features thrown in.

The saleswoman I deal with just came back from the "Grassroots" meeting. She says the same as the initial post, but also that none of it is set in stone. Just what SOA thinks they might do.

She did offer the first reasonable explanation I've heard. The average Subaru dealer sells about 20 cars a month. Since they don't want more than three months inventory, and less if possible, they can only stock about 60 cars, tops. In 2005 they had 68 different powertrain/model combinations, so they couldn't even stock one of every car.

This said, there's always the special order route, but apparently only the Germans care for this strategy.

So she thinks there's a fairly good chance no Legacy wagon or Outback sedan for 2007.

She also said all the dealers wish they'd added even a few horses to the Spec B, because as is they're hard to move. The only one this dealer had received was sitting in the showroom.

Subaru would be foolish to discontinue the Legacy wagon in favour of the Outback sedan... then again, these are the guys who brought you the Baja... (sorry red beast)

No one has suggested they'll discontinue the Legacy wagon in favor of the Outback sedan. Both of them are likely to go.

She said they've had no trouble selling the Legacy wagon, including the manual when it was avaiable. They didn't sit on the lot. The Outback sedan, on the other hand....she said they had four they couldn't get rid of, "Do you want one, please?????"

She said they've had no trouble selling the Legacy wagon, including the manual when it was avaiable. They didn't sit on the lot.
This is the part I don't get. They've had no trouble selling the Legacy wagon, manual and automatic, and yet they want to discontinue it?!?

This is the part I don't get. They've had no trouble selling the Legacy wagon, manual and automatic, and yet they want to discontinue it?!?

Send them a letter/email and ask them...

I guess it all comes down to reduce costs, bigger margins, etc etc etc...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Either way I'm fairly confident that the '08 GT STI will come in the 6 Speed manual / 6 Speed Auto across the board.

Wagon and Sedan.

If that is true and everything that you've posted is true (I have no reason to doubt you), it looks like I may be upgrading in '08....

...do you think I could get an '08 LGT-STI-Wagon without leather and sunroof?

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Archived