LegacyGT.com

2007 Subaru Line

praedet

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Try to buy an 05 man...

Looks like no more 5MT wagons in the future!!!!! So if you want a sport wagon in the future, prob will need to go for either Volvo or Audi... Well, there is always the Magnum SRT8 (yeah right!!!)

hehehehehe

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I figure the '07 lineup and features should be known fairly soon, so I can probably locate an '06 5MT GT wagon in the summer if Subaru ceases to offer it in Canada in '07 like they did in the US in '06.

rear fold down seats in the sedan... THIS is probably what Opie was referring to, as what should have been included in the first place.

im gonna be skeptical until a few more people confirm this, seems like only a few people have

hope this isnt a rumor though

Kind of sad to see the impreza based off the same platform as the legacy. Not that the Legacy platform is bad. I just loved the size of my WRX. I think a lot of people still enjoy it's smallness and nimbleness. i think it will loose something when it goes to the larger platform. I guess subaru wants to save money more though. will be very interesting to see what it will look like though. Really wish they would bring back a WRX Coupe.

You know... I was talking to a guy at the Subie dealership last weekend while getting my oil changed. He said that in the same meeting back in 2005 they were told that the STi would have 350 horsepower and the WRX would get bumped up to 265. That came from over the pulpit directly from SOA in the meeting. They were proven wrong enough that nobody trusts the information they get from that meeting anymore...

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Re: no 5MT/6MT wagons

I guess I will be holding onto the WRX for a bit longer and will get an A4 Avant or Volvo V50 or V70 instead. I had originally thought that Audi Avants were no longer offered in MT, but according to the audi usa website, the 2.0T and 3.2 both are avaible with a 6MT. And the s-line in black sure looks sexy. And not too shabby MPG, either.

If subaru would make a 3.0R b-spec wagon this fall I would be there ready to trade in the WRX. Oh well.

As for the A2 replacing the legacy wagon. Some of us are looking for more space, not less. We are outgrowing our WRX wagon and need a bit more space. A step down to an A3 sized car will not cut it. And I dont want to step up (literally) into an outback wagon. Thanks again, SOA.

XM radio? Sunroof in an STI? New colors?? ...That's all nice, but I wanna hear about POWER. Any bump in pwr for the LGT? How about the STI? Evo makes more power this year, which is scary considering that last year's model Evo put more to the wheels than the STI. Apparently SOA doesn't believe that an extra 20-25 HP will sell more STI's than a sunroom and black brembo's?

Kind of sad to see the impreza based off the same platform as the legacy. Not that the Legacy platform is bad. I just loved the size of my WRX. .

Yeah Im not sure how I feel about this either. Especially since A WRX will be my next car. Perhaps a pre owned will be in order.

As for the fold down seats, whats the deal? I thought both Subaru and Toyota deemed them unsafe?

Keep in mind, guys... these are rumors until we hear solid confirmation.

The removal of the Legacy wagon is probably the rumor with the LEAST confidence rating, as it hasn't been mentioned in any other rumor thread. I certainly hope it isn't going to be true. Plus it would be a shotgun blast amputation to the foot, where canning options last year was just a flesh wound.

Just out of curiousity, sebberry... (I am not saying this to flame, I am curious...) did those figures say how many of the sedans were outbacks? IF (and a big, honking IF) the Legacy wagon goes the way of the dodo, the Outback sedan likely will, too, and all wagons will be outbacks, and all Legacys will be sedans. Again, huge monsterous RUMOR.

BTW... I think I have to defend the possibility of WRB being a newly offered color on the Legacy. Incidently, it sounds like the whole lineup may be getting a couple new colors...

I can see where people would think it too "youthful". But it wouldn't be the only color in the lineup... I doubt they'll be getting rid of black or silver. Blue will probably stay, just a matter of whether it will be the same blue, and the same question about the red. White will likely stay, but it doesn't seem to be the hugest seller. It might be classic enough to stick around.

I just hope the new colors aren't slight re-hashes of current colors. A slightly different color flake to the black, with a new name, doesn't really constitute much of a difference. A slightly different toned silver (again) doesn't move the bar much. And a sand-beige color would be a travesty on the Legacy. Leave that for the LLBean buyers.

I see a few volvos, Lexus ISs, BMWs, MSP6 and a couple other sporty sedans around with a few variations on a nice bright red. I would go for that.

But WRB... Take a look in some of the Legacy Pics forum threads, and find some photos of the WRB Legacys available in Asia/Japan. They look AMAZING in WRB. Don't let the WRX STI fool you. It looks boy racerish, because it IS boy-racerish. It is the wing(s) and the vertical front fascia, and the fender flares, and all manner of other things that make it look "youthful". The paint color isn't nearly so limited, and on the Legacy, it is downright sexy-sophisticated.

I am actually pretty excited to see what 2007MY brings for the Legacy... Most of the rumors here (aside from the wagon issue...) seem quite positive.

Things we have yet to hear anything on, or confirmation of:

New headlights?

New Grille?

New Tail-lights?

Any other cosmetic nips/tucks?

New interior lighting?

New spoiler?

New/better ACC?

Telescoping steering column?

uprated horsepower?

Option differences between LGT and Spec B (NAV optional on both, I hope)

VDC (rumored for all automatic Legacy models...)

Any other detail changes that perhaps weren't over-arching enough for breif leaks to this forum...

BTW:

For those worried about a Legacy-based impreza:

1: it is more than a year away, we have no concrete info.

2: wheelbase and chassis hardpoints can, and likely will be shortened/lightened for a separate line of cars. The car may not be much bigger nor heavier than current. (could possibly be lighter.) Plus it should be tighter and handle better than current platform, which is aged.

3: the Legacy-line, and the Impreza-line won't be the same size. That would be redundant for Subaru to do.

What...are you hinting that Subaru is going to use SAE rating for bhp in 2007??
Yes, the new SAE hp measurement standard.

Edit: Let me elaborate.

SAE revised its J1349 net horsepower standard on 08/04 and it officialy went into effect on Jan 1, 2005. California requires the use of J1349 if power is advertised in brochures, etc. (see http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03_6/vc9950.htm). All 2007 Subaru models will be rated using the J1349 (Rev 8/04) standard.

To address some questions:

New headlights? From the sound of it, chrome with optional HID

New Grille? Nope, '08 will see the new grill

New Tail-lights? no, again '08 see's the new exterior updates

Any other cosmetic nips/tucks? No, updates as far as spoiler or other body work.

New interior lighting? LED lighting said to be used instead of halogen bulb (rumor but has some fact to it)

New spoiler? no new spoiler, however look for the Legacy STI to have the JDM STI option as spoiler.

New/better ACC? Same.

Telescoping steering column? '08 will see this feature

uprated horsepower? '07 no, '08 is supposed to be rated @ 280+BHP, LegacySTI to be 330-350BHP (as the '08 STI rating is supposed to be 350BHP-390BHP to stomp the Evo X.)

Option differences between LGT and Spec B (NAV optional on both, I hope)

VDC (rumored for all automatic Legacy models...) From what I heard, the Spec B is supposed to go into "main model" production meaning that is a "premium" option of the Legacy brand, rather than a limited production car (as the '05/'06 produced were). Look for it to have full leather, 2 colour options, NAV, bluetooth, heated and cooled seats, HID (as stated above).

As for VDC expect the LegacyGT models and up to get them with variable on/off/adjustments from what I hear.

Any other detail changes that perhaps weren't over-arching enough for breif leaks to this forum... well... okay just a few. ;)

The Impreza line for '08 is getting the LegacyGT tranny with either the option for the 5 speed auto sports shift for the new 6 speed auto Subaru is going to bring out for the '07.5/'08 Tribeca/Legacy/Impreza line. Most likely you'll see the Impreza (RS as I still like to call them) will see the 5 speed manual / 5 speed auto. Subaru is killing the 4 speed auto after model year '07. As far as HID options, I know Subaru is bringing them to the Spec B in '07 production year with the possibly of adding them as an option for '07 GT's, however... as I stated above, since the Spec B is going to be a dearler "option", they may just lump the HID's in with that. If not in '07, look for LegacyGT's and up in '08 to come stock with HID's and auto leveling equipment to meet DOT standards in the US. The rumored H6 turbo engine as far as I know for the US is a no go due to emissions. Subaru is going to be using the 2.5 Litre engine here with turbo and get more agressive on it's tuning to bump the horsepower/driving experience past what most german car companies offer. I know adverts for the Legacy GT here in the states has been slim but look to see an aggressive campaign start for them this summer/fall.

That's all the Subbie Fairy has told me for now. :)

To address some questions:

First off, THANKS! :D :D This is a lot of info.

I am going to add my comments inline..

New headlights? From the sound of it, chrome with optional HID

Chrome... meh. HIDs GOOD! Gonna have to figure a way of blacking them out or something...

New Grille? Nope, '08 will see the new grill

New Tail-lights? no, again '08 see's the new exterior updatesI was hoping for a mesh grille or something in the same opening, as I realize the 08 will be the visual update.

I was hoping for a mesh grille or something a little more sporty and less "pedestrian" for the GT, in the same opening, as I realize the 08 will be the visual update.

Any other cosmetic nips/tucks? No, updates as far as spoiler or other body work. <-Snip-> However look for the Legacy STI to have the JDM STI option as spoiler.

Non-spoiler sedan for me, K2 gear spoiler instead. fine by me.

New interior lighting? LED lighting said to be used instead of halogen bulb (rumor but has some fact to it)

This could be interesting... Hopefully it will be more widely used, and light the interior well.

New/better ACC? Same. Telescoping steering column? '08 will see this feature

Unfortunate on the ACC. Tribeca's three digital dials look great... wonder if it could be fabbed and retrofitted... probably not cheaply. Sounds like everything truly substantial will be reserved for '08. I don't think I can wait quite that long, and I doubt it will be that drastic of a let down, actually. :D

uprated horsepower? '07 no, '08 is supposed to be rated @ 280+BHP, LegacySTI to be 330-350BHP (as the '08 STI rating is supposed to be 350BHP-390BHP to stomp the Evo X.)

Interesting. Pumping over 350hp out of 2.5 liters, even with a turbo, reliably will be interesting to see. It sounds like most current LGTs could be rated at 280hp right now, as the 250 figure is conservative. It will be interesting to see, and should produce some interesting fodder for modifications.

VDC (rumored for all automatic Legacy models...)

As for VDC expect the LegacyGT models and up to get them with variable on/off/adjustments from what I hear.

This is interesting... Adjustment and defeatability. Nice. Auto only or both Auto and Manual?

Any other detail changes that perhaps weren't over-arching enough for breif leaks to this forum... well... okay just a few. ;)

The Impreza line for '08 is getting the LegacyGT tranny with either the option for the 5 speed auto sports shift for the new 6 speed auto Subaru is going to bring out for the '07.5/'08 Tribeca/Legacy/Impreza line. Most likely you'll see the Impreza (RS as I still like to call them) will see the 5 speed manual / 5 speed auto. Subaru is killing the 4 speed auto after model year '07.

6EAT for 08 sounds nice... 07.5 Model year? Are they planning on cars coming out early for 08, like spring of next year?

The rumored H6 turbo engine as far as I know for the US is a no go due to emissions. Subaru is going to be using the 2.5 Litre engine here with turbo and get more agressive on it's tuning to bump the horsepower/driving experience past what most german car companies offer. I know adverts for the Legacy GT here in the states has been slim but look to see an aggressive campaign start for them this summer/fall.

Interesting that they aren't going even with a NA H6 in the Legacy line. That would perhaps appeal to folks looking at other V6 sedans, and their notions that more pistions are always better, regardless.

I'll be happy with a flat-four-turbo, though. :D

Of course the government would be the one to put the kybosh on the turbocharged H6... Damn bureaucrats spoiling it again. Probably some menial little thing, or testing being too expensive for FHI/SOA to undertake...

Spec B stuff: (I think this is what I am going to try to shoot for...)

From what I heard, the Spec B is supposed to go into "main model" production meaning that is a "premium" option of the Legacy brand, rather than a limited production car (as the '05/'06 produced were). Look for it to have full leather, 2 colour options, NAV, bluetooth, heated and cooled seats. <-Snip-> As far as HID options, I know Subaru is bringing them to the Spec B in '07 production year with the possibly of adding them as an option for '07 GT's, however... as I stated above, since the Spec B is going to be a dearler "option", they may just lump the HID's in with that. If not in '07, look for LegacyGT's and up in '08 to come stock with HID's and auto leveling equipment to meet DOT standards in the US.

That's all the Subbie Fairy has told me for now. :)

Do you mean that Subaru is doing what I have been suggesting all along? :D (yah... I am just kidding. but it would be cool if they had read my posts here for the last half a year or more, saying that the Spec B should be a trim-line/Option package, though.)

Sounds like it gets standard NAV. Meh. I was hoping that would be optional for those who want it, and might be left off of mine, to save me some cash. Bluetooth, though sounds really nice. I wonder if it will be stereo bluetooth compatible... Not going to push my luck, as an audio input is a thankful addition. (albeit a late one.)

Heated AND cooled seats? tre posh!

2 color options... Exterior color options? Exterior and interior color combos? or full LGT paint color choice, with two interior color options? Third option would be the best... and trump the Mazdaspeed6's color options, but again, not holding my breath.

I hope the paint color choices are more vibrant than grey/silver, is all.

Would love to hear what the colors will be, but I understand if people don't know, or can't divulge that yet.

I would hope that HIDs be optional on GTs, and perhaps standard on Spec B, as it seems to be the loaded-up version, 6MT, and all. (wagon version for the wagon folks, too, hopefully.)

I hope that Subaru has looked at the slow sales of the 06 Spec B, and included the '07 Spec B equipment mentioned at roughly the same price that it currently has, or perhaps an option price that tops out a thousand or two less than 06 Spec B MSRP. It will still be a stretch for me, but with the sort of optional equipment being mentioned here, it might well be worth that stretch... I guess we'll see.

Subaru beat the Audi A4 down on price/value for performance arguments in the recent AWD sport sedan test in R&T. It would be nice if the Spec B price didn't go up, and Subaru kept that edge, and added to it with the 07 Spec B trim level, and the options people are talking about here.

Any word on Spec B trim ball-park pricing, and if it will be available from day one (june) or later availability (september, like 06 Spec B...)?

And i am sure people here are still wanting confirmation or denial of the Legacy Wagon issue brought up previously.

R2's will be a success in the US, at least in the big cities in the Northeast...

Like Mini Couper and Audi A3, they sell tons of those cars up here...

IMHO perfect car for NYC tough parking spots....

;-)

Too bad no more 5MT or even 6MT LGT Wagons :-(

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

A cheaper alternative to the Mini, I would prefer the Mini Cooper S for NYC driving and parking. They should bring over the R2 Type S, 67HP with a s/c.

Still kind of weak though and I can't imagine 4 passengers in it.

already got aftermarket support too, at a premium of course to import.

http://www.subaru-giken.com/r2.htm

First and foremost... HOLY JUNK this thread is about to get out of control. :lol: I'll try and answer line items like you did Sport. :)

I was hoping for a mesh grille or something a little more sporty and less "pedestrian" for the GT, in the same opening, as I realize the 08 will be the visual update.

Agreed. Unfortunately for Subaru, they do not see the need to create a new SKU # for a new grille as the '06/'07 B4 (Impreza) grille is rumored to be making its way stateside for the Subaru platform refresh.

Interesting. Pumping over 350hp out of 2.5 liters, even with a turbo, reliably will be interesting to see. It sounds like most current LGTs could be rated at 280hp right now, as the 250 figure is conservative. It will be interesting to see, and should produce some interesting fodder for modifications.

Easily done actually. The 2.5 Litre engine as it currently stands (from what I'm told) can effectively handle about 19 PSI - 21 PSI without breaking a sweat. Doing so can net from 250BHP (as it is tuned today) all the way to 370HP while staying in target range of emissions. I think Subaru might go for a larger TMIC (possibly) for the '08 GT due to the power available and avoid heat soak. That being said, the scales on which I stated is what is being talked about by Fuji Industry / Subaru. The reason why no H6 Turbo is being talked about is exactly what was stated, emissions control were a problem for "most" states in the US where they can get away with it in a 4 banger. Sad... but true.

6EAT for 08 sounds nice... 07.5 Model year? Are they planning on cars coming out early for 08, like spring of next year?

Yes from what I've heard the '07.5/'08 GT's are getting a 6EAT (yes, that's 6 gears) in them. Also the GT will be getting the 6 speed from the STI as well. I'm not sure about the outbacks (see XT) if they'll keep the matched 5EAT for the time being or jump up to the 6EAT. I still haven't gotten confirmation on the wagon issue (as far as availability of them) however.... since Subaru sells mostly outbacks in my neck of the woods (Northwest) it would REALLY suprise me if they pulled the Legacy GT Wagon / Manual SKU anytime soon. We'll have to wait and see though. :D

As far as production goes, they are going to push '07's out in June/August of this year with early model '08's (we'll have pictures of the true '08 designs by Q4 of this year) coming sometime May/July of '07. Subaru is going to be VERY aggressive with it's platform refresh and is going to market the hell out of them. :D

Spec B Clarification on colours, options, availabilty and such[\quote]

So here's the deal, the Spec B as stated earlier is going to be a dealer option you can have when you order the car. Think of it as a "premium" package as you'd get on a car except with a price tag of $4500 (min) from what I'm hearing. however you get a lot with that. Nav, power seats, heated and cooled seats, bluetooth, HID w/ auto leveling. Now the colour options as I stated are going to be interior colour options. Two tone gearing up for the Legacy STI debute sometime in Jan. '07 at the Tokoyo Auto Saloon. Expect the red to make a return with black accents and what I hear rumored (again, I have yet to confirm this) is a slate grey/dark navy option as well.

Colours wise the "vaulted" WRB on the LegacyGT Spec B in '07 is not going to happen. You're going to need to wait till the '08's to see that. (Oops, might have said to much. ;)

Options to be sold on the GT

Again, don't know if Nav is going to be optional but I would assume that you could "possibly" get "media" bundles of things. Per se if you got the Nav + Bluetooth. Lighting add on for probably $599-799 for the Xenons (HID) if that happens. Also expect different wheel choices from the dealer as some have called the GT wheels "boring" in nature. That's all I can say about that for now. ;)

That being said, I'll keep you guys posted on what I get in. I've got an '05 GT and trading or selling it for an '08 (pending the grille, options and price) is starting to look VERY tempting. :D

Archived