LegacyGT.com

2007 Subaru Line

praedet

Here is the post from the local Subaru dealer on our local forum. If it is wrong, it is bacause Subaru lied to him. He is a very stand-up guy...

Ted

Just went to a dealer meeting on Friday.

B9 Tribeca: electronic brake assist, mp3 jack, xm satellite radio, 8 way seats w/memory, black grille or mesh grille, (new nose in 2008) rear vision camera, backup sensor, remote start, 3 new colors.

Legacy & Outback: aux jack for ipod, mp3 cap,pre-wired for xm,split fold down seats in 4 dr,remote start,new 17" wheels, 2 new colors. base outback with manual seat and steel wheels for $22,900.

(Rumor mill: If Subaru brings in the R2 micro car, they might make the Legacy line 4 doors only and the Outback would be our only Legacy wagon. So if you want a 5 speed GT wagon you better snap up a 2005 because that might be it..)

Impreza: sirius satellite radio prewire,mp3 cap, ipod jack. STI Limited edition..has sunroof, small rear spoiler like an old 3 series BMW, black brembos.

Forester: alloys on all models, sirius satellite radio,mp3 cap,ipod jack,3 new colors.

Also: new impreza in 2008 built off Legacy platform, Tribeca nose job, Legacy grille change won't happen in 2007, hybrid turbo in 08 or 09 diesel 09 or 10, 2006 is it for the BAJA

:spin:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds all pretty straight forward. Only thing I dont think is correct is a new nose for the Tribeca in 2008, this would SERIOUSLY upset ppl that had purchased a Tribeca in 2006/2007 and there is no need to change something that is so new. Then again anything is possible

Thanks for the info.

Ada///M.

Sounds all pretty straight forward. Only thing I dont think is correct is a new nose for the Tribeca in 2008, this would SERIOUSLY upset ppl that had purchased a Tribeca in 2006/2007 and there is no need to change something that is so new. Then again anything is possible

Thanks for the info.

Ada///M.

Well other then its a face only a mother could love

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Here is the post from the local Subaru dealer on our local forum. If it is wrong, it is bacause Subaru lied to him. He is a very stand-up guy... Ted

Although this is completely unverifiable, I will take your word on this. It seems in line with what others have said. Opie even mentioned that the Legacy would be getting something it deserved in the first place...

I am going to give my take on these in-line, and get the non-Legacy stuff out of the way first.

Just went to a dealer meeting on Friday.

B9 Tribeca: electronic brake assist, mp3 jack, xm satellite radio, 8 way seats w/memory, black grille or mesh grille, (new nose in 2008) rear vision camera, backup sensor, remote start, 3 new colors.

Most of this we've already heard... so I will treat this as confirmation, which is good.

MP3, Memory seat, and blacked-out nose-job, and possibly the rear-vision camera and sonar are probably what I would consider the best addition. Full nose job might be worth waiting for, though.

Remote start... give or take... and the question is is this key-in-your-pocket start or keyfob-from-a-distance start?

Electronic brake assist? dunno...

Satellite capability... Good, I am glad they offer it, but I would probably refrain from paying for radio. I am glad they offer the option, though.

Impreza: sirius satellite radio prewire,mp3 cap, ipod jack. STI Limited edition..has sunroof, small rear spoiler like an old 3 series BMW, black brembos.

Forester: alloys on all models, sirius satellite radio,mp3 cap,ipod jack,3 new colors.

Will be interesting to see mentioned BMW-like spoiler... Black brembos, huh? interesting that they won't be going with the silver brembos on the upscale version.

It will also be interesting to see these new paint colors on all these new cars.

Also: new impreza in 2008 built off Legacy platform, Tribeca nose job, Legacy grille change won't happen in 2007, hybrid turbo in 08 or 09 diesel 09 or 10, 2006 is it for the BAJA

Not really suprised that Baja is getting stuffed. Surprised it hasn't already, since the rest of that chassis is out to pasture.

2008 Rumors:

New impreza on Legacy platform... been waiting to see that. Been rumored for a while. Hopefully it it leaked and shown at auto shows this time next year. Top Gear or EVO recently marked the Impreza as a technically very good car, but the shape and interior are "the subject of archeologists." or something to that effect. They are bored with it, and want a replacement, evidently.

Legacy & Outback: aux jack for ipod, mp3 cap,pre-wired for xm,split fold down seats in 4 dr,remote start,new 17" wheels, 2 new colors. base outback with manual seat and steel wheels for $22,900.

(Rumor mill: If Subaru brings in the R2 micro car, they might make the Legacy line 4 doors only and the Outback would be our only Legacy wagon. So if you want a 5 speed GT wagon you better snap up a 2005 because that might be it..)

OK, the big interest.

AUX, MP3, Satellite radio, XM (again why with the split?) are all previously rumored, and VERY nice to be confirmed here.

My question still stands about remote start... I am thinking it is long-distance. They evidently are going really hard down-market with the Outback.

I want to see the new wheels as soon as anybody 'inside' can post pics. This should be interesting.

rear fold down seats in the sedan... THIS is probably what Opie was referring to, as what should have been included in the first place. Oh, and BOOO-YAH! I am waiting for this feature! With the iPod input, and the Spec B 6MT... This makes the trifecta.

Hopefully the Tribeca's seat memory and ACC dials will make the trip, too. If they black out the tribeca's schnozz, will they black out the legacy's grille, too?

UNLESSSSS.... one of those additional new colors mentioned is either San Remo Red, or WR Blue. Then, as long as it has a dark colored interior, it is a slam dunk for added features, unlike last year.

This rumor about the R2 coming to the US, and precluding Legacy wagons... is perplexing, though.

I think eliminating the Legacy wagon in the US (you KNOW they won't be doing that in Asia or Europe...) is not necessarily good.

If they were to offer the 3.0R in the Legacy sedan, I could see them cancelling the outback sedan, not that I would think it a great idea... But killing the Legacy Wagon would be REALLY a bad idea. Not everyone wants a tall wagon, even if the ride height is the only difference. I can see a few people buying, and immediately lowering Outback XTs that way.

R2s might do ok in the cities, and college campuses, but not really in the 'fruited plain.' The Legacy wagon would do better on the wide open spaces.

DAMN, so Subaru is going to be offering XM in their new cars and not Sirius...that sux. They should give their customers a choice of which they prefer and have it installed for them. If I were buying an '07, I wouldn't wanna give up my Sirius and definately don't wanna pay the $100 for a converter.

Lots of info in there - thanks!

I am wondering what will become of the Legacy GT wagon in Canada for '07. I want to pick up a 5MT, but was planning on waiting a year or so (my car is only 7 years old with 160k kms - barely broken in). If they are going to ditch the 5MT for '07 like they did in the US for '06, then either I move my plans up or shop elsewhere. Anyone have info on the Canadian lineup?

R2 in the US? Not so sure it would sell. It is weak.

R2's will be a success in the US, at least in the big cities in the Northeast...

Like Mini Couper and Audi A3, they sell tons of those cars up here...

IMHO perfect car for NYC tough parking spots....

;-)

Too bad no more 5MT or even 6MT LGT Wagons :-(

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Honda is bringing the Fit and Toyota the Yaris.

I have driven the Honda Fit in Brazil, and believe it or not, it feels as roomy as a CIVIC from the inside driver's side....

And counting that commuting, you are driving pretty much alone, unless you do HOV lanes, it's a perfect big city/commuter car!!!!! No more SUV, huuuuge gas guzzlers buses!!!!!

We are really changing the ways people buy cars in the US for sure, look at Scion!!!! Small cars, youth kids loooooooove it and they sell a looooooot

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Lots of info in there - thanks!

I am wondering what will become of the Legacy GT wagon in Canada for '07. I want to pick up a 5MT, but was planning on waiting a year or so (my car is only 7 years old with 160k kms - barely broken in). If they are going to ditch the 5MT for '07 like they did in the US for '06, then either I move my plans up or shop elsewhere. Anyone have info on the Canadian lineup?

Try to buy an 05 man...

Looks like no more 5MT wagons in the future!!!!! So if you want a sport wagon in the future, prob will need to go for either Volvo or Audi... Well, there is always the Magnum SRT8 (yeah right!!!)

hehehehehe

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

The lack of MT high performance wagons is a big miss, IMO. I have searched high and low for a reasonably priced, reliable, MT wagon several times over the past several years. The 05 MT LGT wagon was a great find (emphasized during my drive through an ice storm to go skiing with my kids this weekend), and I'm really disappointed to see it go.

The lack of MT high performance wagons is a big miss, IMO. I have searched high and low for a reasonably priced, reliable, MT wagon several times over the past several years. The 05 MT LGT wagon was a great find (emphasized during my drive through an ice storm to go skiing with my kids this weekend), and I'm really disappointed to see it go.

You are not the only one tintinet, however SoA doesn't see it that way....

Mitsu Evo Station Wagon is coming to the States soon though...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Shit, i want fold down seats and an AUX in for Ipod. If the new color is Rally blue... I wonder if i could offload my 05 LGT in 07 and not loose my butt.

New colors are Hot pink and gay pride rainbow

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Archived