LegacyGT.com

65W Osram Ultra High Output 2100 Lumen H7

Deer Killer

*edit* I actually made comparable pics this time.

Ok, so for some reason I was motivated to buy these.... Daniel Stern sells them on his website. I thought why go with this mysterious "+50" silverstar when I can just get higher power, and yes the lumen rating is higher that the +50 osram silverstars (1570 right?)

You'll notice that they are P26d's, just 65W, instead of 55W, they should be brighter than people say the osram silverstars are, and much brighter than stock eh? You'll also see that instead of "+50" there's a "Hyper" tag on it, and of course disclaimers for off-road use only. FYI 80W and 100W are available in the same bulb.

First I installed one, lit up my garage door.. Can't tell the difference. Oh well the sun just barely set.

Try again in completely darkness.. uuhhhm.. what?

I would have taken a picture half/half but I couldn't tell the difference in person at all!

Put both in went for a ride, took some pics.. Not very impressed at all. I'll see how it looks tomorrow if it's dry out, but if I can't tell 10ft into my white garage door, what's the point?

Conclusion: It's not noticably brighter AND if I get checked out they will not be legal? I really could have used those ~$43 for a better purpose. Thumbs down. On the bright side, I don't think it will bother people or i will get pulled over.

IMG_0365s.thumb.jpg.1f2a7a8ad0cf86591709a1fa9024c18c.jpg

IMG_0359s.thumb.jpg.03b4752069e92c43cfe6d3507ff4eb9d.jpg

IMG_0358s.thumb.jpg.99216e106e3f3d152e29310c764947fe.jpg

IMG_0327s.thumb.jpg.b5706b28f8dd2de2b005b7a42b36403d.jpg

IMG_0381s.thumb.jpg.0c88b9dbed3d3b6b13545cd1a23510de.jpg

Bummer. For the record, the Osram Silverstars are decidedly better than stock. When you do the side-by-side test, the Osram side is whiter and brighter, particularly in the "business" segment of things, about three to four car lengths out in front. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']Bummer. For the record, the Osram Silverstars are decidedly better than stock. When you do the side-by-side test, the Osram side is whiter and brighter, particularly in the "business" segment of things, about three to four car lengths out in front. Kevin[/quote] Yeah, I can't wait for the the first GTG in New England... compare these mods without emptying my wallet :)

[quote name='Drift Monkey']I put my Osram SilverStars in last night and I think they made a bit of difference. The beam is a bit whiter and shines a bit further.[/quote] From where did you order them? Price? I had added these to my "buy" list earlier this week.

[quote name='brady_bunch'][quote name='Drift Monkey']I put my Osram SilverStars in last night and I think they made a bit of difference. The beam is a bit whiter and shines a bit further.[/quote] From where did you order them? Price? I had added these to my "buy" list earlier this week.[/quote] [url]www.powerbulbs.co.uk[/url] I paid $38.22 free shipping. Free blue signal bulbs too! :P

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='brady_bunch'][quote name='Drift Monkey']I put my Osram SilverStars in last night and I think they made a bit of difference. The beam is a bit whiter and shines a bit further.[/quote] From where did you order them? Price? I had added these to my "buy" list earlier this week.[/quote] [url]www.powerbulbs.co.uk[/url] I paid $38.22 free shipping. Free blue signal bulbs too! :P[/quote] DM- nice find! Cheap enough to give it a try at any rate. I changed my WRX stockers to Silverstars and loved the difference. The stockers on our cars are pretty great to begin with. And the fogl lights will never need a better bulb- those things are BRIGHT!

Archived