LegacyGT.com

Special order color?

Hello, you might know me as babyvoxfan from NASIOC and here until I messed up that account here last week :( Is it possible to special order a Legacy from Subaru painted in WR Blue or the Baja yellow? I understand Lafayette doesn't build any cars in WR Blue, but since the Baja is made alongside the Legacy, it might be possible?

I'd probably have liked WRB, but AB is rather nice. Instead of WRB/Gold, AB/Bronze will look very nice. :P But to answer your question, I would also think the answer is no. No vehicles that go through SIA get WRB. Not the Baja either. Considering the Legacy, OB, and Baja essentially get the same color options, I think you would be SOL for that special color you desire. It would cost way too much to retool and clean everything for one or just a few cars of another color. Inherently expensive. Probably several grand worth.

I wish I could of cuz I really didn't like any of the colors I wanted a Topaz like color and that WR Blue looked a lot like but when I asked my dealer also said no. If they wanna keep moving up things like that are expected to be able to be done with enough money.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

I've seen the Wr limited cars here with the WR blue and with gold alloys and, IMHO, it isn't a colour that suits the car. It's more suited to the impreza and an RX8 (saw one the other day). For me best colours are black(obviously), apexjapans blue and a white wagon with an STi front lip does look rather mean as well.

[quote name='MSB']I've seen the Wr limited cars here with the WR blue and with gold alloys and, IMHO, it isn't a colour that suits the car. It's more suited to the impreza and an RX8 (saw one the other day). For me best colours are black(obviously), apexjapans blue and a white wagon with an STi front lip does look rather mean as well.[/quote] I'd love a color like Audi's Ocean Blue. Mmmmmm Ocean blue with ocean blue leather interior - ah I better keep dreaming - LOL - Mike

I think the only car manufacturer that offers you a different colour to the norm is BMW. They call this service "Indvidual" but the numbers required on the cheque are certainly very long. It would be great if other car makers did this but I think the scale of orders would outweight the total cost and benefit to Subaru. Adam.

[quote name='agctr']I think the only car manufacturer that offers you a different colour to the norm is BMW. They call this service "Indvidual" but the numbers required on the cheque are certainly very long. It would be great if other car makers did this but I think the scale of orders would outweight the total cost and benefit to Subaru. Adam.[/quote] Porsche Techuipment, Ferrari, Bentley, some Jags and Aston Martins, and TVRs all have an option to match your car to ANY color you can provide to them. It costs more, but people who can afford those, can afford a couple of thou for a custom paint color. McLaren F1s were ALL painted custom colors, whatever the original owners wanted, there was no standard palette. For $1M+, I can see why. Most luxury brands offer that, because the manufacturing costs are high anyway, and changing the paint in the hopper doesn't change the cost much, compared to a car that has to roll of an assembly line in a very strict interval, at a very controlled cost. I say, get a white one, or maybe silver, and have the paint wet-sanded, and paint it the color you want... if ya have the cash. It'd be San Remo red for me, but maybe WR blue... mid 90's E36 3 series BMW had an option for Avus Blue, which was a stunning color, as well. Half way between WR and Regal Blues, it was an amazing "royal" blue. I don't recall if it was metallic, but it looked like the deepest blue I have ever seen a car painted.

[quote name='IwannaSportSedan'][quote name='agctr']I think the only car manufacturer that offers you a different colour to the norm is BMW. They call this service "Indvidual" but the numbers required on the cheque are certainly very long. It would be great if other car makers did this but I think the scale of orders would outweight the total cost and benefit to Subaru. Adam.[/quote] Porsche Techuipment, Ferrari, Bentley, some Jags and Aston Martins, and TVRs all have an option to match your car to ANY color you can provide to them. It costs more, but people who can afford those, can afford a couple of thou for a custom paint color. McLaren F1s were ALL painted custom colors, whatever the original owners wanted, there was no standard palette. For $1M+, I can see why. Most luxury brands offer that, because the manufacturing costs are high anyway, and changing the paint in the hopper doesn't change the cost much, compared to a car that has to roll of an assembly line in a very strict interval, at a very controlled cost. I say, get a white one, or maybe silver, and have the paint wet-sanded, and paint it the color you want... if ya have the cash. It'd be San Remo red for me, but maybe WR blue... mid 90's E36 3 series BMW had an option for Avus Blue, which was a stunning color, as well. Half way between WR and Regal Blues, it was an amazing "royal" blue. I don't recall if it was metallic, but it looked like the deepest blue I have ever seen a car painted.[/quote] Hmmmm - This is an Avus Blue BMW - I found on the net [img]http://www.bmw-m.net/Gallery/e36gallery/M3-83.jpeg[/img] Good looking color. Reminds me of Regal Blue without the purple tint it has. - Mike

It seems to me that if you're willing to spend $2k for subaru to paint it another color, you could probably get a decent paint job after the fact for that kind of $. Since everyone bitches about how crappy subaru's paint job ars anyway as far as how easy they scratch and such, it seems like a quality aftermarket job might be the way to go anyway...

[quote name='godwhomismike'] Hmmmm - This is an Avus Blue BMW - I found on the net [img]http://www.bmw-m.net/Gallery/e36gallery/M3-83.jpeg[/img] Good looking color. Reminds me of Regal Blue without the purple tint it has. - Mike[/quote] I think it is significantly lighter, and much less likely to be mistaken for black in the dark. But RB and Avus are both very cool colors.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='agctr']As I have stated a few times before, Grey, Yellow & WR Blue should only appear on STi Versions. This would help to maintain value and stature on the road. Adam.[/quote] Ok, but last time I checked, there are no STi versions of the Liberty :wink:

Archived