LegacyGT.com

Rumors : Spec-B 6MT , XM radio and other tidbits

SWP-LegacyGT

Taken over from NASIOC:

Rumors from talking to my regional rep @ the dealership today:

1. The 2007 Spec-B will have a 6MT (finally!), and a blue/black interior similar to the STI's, but in leather. No word on HP increase, and still limited production. No word on Xenons.

2. 800 Limited STIs will be produced for 2007, this is an STI with the Limited (WRX) package--so leather & sunroof, and WRX-style (low) tail. (The UK should be already getting this package this year).

3. 2007 Foresters & Imprezas will be Sirius Radio pre-wired, Leg/OB/B9 will get XM pre-wire.

4. All 2007s will get MP3 input jacks for the stock radios.

5. 2007 B9s will get an optional mesh front grille (not sure that's the cure it needs).

6. 2006 MY production will cease in March, and new MY 2007s will begin to debut in July (though new Spec-B and STI-Limited won't be until Fall sometime).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK..... As Per Legacy news:

Could care less about XM pre-wire... Digital broadcast radio would be nice, though. I am not a fan of paying for radio, and I'll listen to my own purchased music if I have to pay for what i listen to.

I do wonder why the lineup is divided, some XM, some Sirius... I wonder how easy to convert.... but that spills into next point...

MP3 input jack. About DAMNED TIME. Good news, Good news! (as Roscoe P Coltrane would say...) Finally I won't have to hack the radio to play my iPod. Hopefully the jack is in the center console, not on the face of the stereo. (not a big fan of cable clutter in the car... but I'll take what I can get.)

Spec B: Black on blue leather is interesting, but ultimately unimportant, unless it portends one thing: World Rally Blue paint. I will be waiting for that, if need be. although that might be pushing my purchase back to about this time next year, as they go down to invoice price... Not MSRP, especially if the Spec B cars hit dealers in September again. Prices won't be dropping as easily or as quickly as the regular GT Limited...

Six-speed Manual transmission... I assume it will be keeping the bilstein and aluminum suspension. That also might be worth waiting and paying a bit more for.

A WR Blue / Black-Blue interior (like WR Limited... Noice!) car with a 6MT and 2.5 Turbo engine, and a place to plug in my iPod. That sounds great. Hopefully NAV will be only optional, and the car priced accordingly, seeing current sales of the Spec B flagging.

I want to know more about price, availability (limited number, or regular trim line/option?) color choices, and moreso about any bodywork changes. All the above is nearly moot if the car is butt-uglified.

Rest of the line:

STI Limited... Sounds interesting. Probably some takers just on the lower spoiler... Black-Blue leather (hopefully wider seats...) and moonroof would be nice for real world driving, too. (I wonder if it will have a less frenetic final drive ratio, too?)

Tribeca needs more than a mesh grille, although minimizing it can't hurt... It needs more fundamental styling help on that front end, though.

Teaser:

http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/wrlimited/interior/02/imgs/top.jpg

Really? I hope this news about the 07 really happens. I might just save my money for mods, pay off the 05 and trade in on the 07 Spec B. I would love to have the Rally blue w/ black interior and a 6mt.

I'm curious to see what actually happens with this! A "rep" said last march that we would be seeing a STi Forester as a MY2007. now no word of it?

They're going to go through all the trouble to put a 6spd in the limited production spec B? That doesn't make too much sense? They might as well throw the STi motor in it and have a limited production Legacy STi...

The other thing that doesn't make sense if the XM Sirius thing. Why wouldn't then just wire everything Sirius? Realizing that Foresters and Impreza's are "imported" and Legacy's and Tribeca's are "domestic", but why wouldn't they just use one provider throughout all the model lines? wtf? I guess we'll see what happens.

I would say that they need to get their heads on straight. It's obsurd that for 06, that foresters and legacy/ob's only come in the limited package when turbocharged. Why would they build several limited edition vehicles, so to speak, when they just reduced available models?

-i doubt many care about the radio options....most want the mp3 jack

-blue interior < wrb exterior < wrb exterior + wrb interior

-just put the damn sti motor in and offer it with the 6MT and NAVI , wr gold rims and HID's , steering wheel controls and w/o those god damn potenza's and shut all of us up - once and for all....keep it under $32K LOL or none of us will buy it!

-AND DONT FORGET TO MAKE THE PAINT THICKER AND BETTER QUALITY

-THIS JUST COULD BE THE PERFECT CAR guys!!!

RUMOR FTW!!! Subaru doesnt care about the American public, what we want, or anything else :)

*Will still be waiting to see if its true*

+1 I'll believe it when I see it. It also begs the question - why didn't they do half of these "mods" from the get go in 2005!? It's not like most of them weren't "in demand" well before that.
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Let's assume they put the 6 speed in the 07 Leggie. Gear ratio's will probably be close to the STI (at that point) and I wouldn't be suprised if they release a 6 speed auto as well with the sport shift. Most likely only on the Legacy and Tribeca models (for the auto) but who knows. As far as using more fuel, I highy doubt that.

Depends more on the persons foot rather than the person's shifting ability.

The six speed gearbox uses more fuel than the automatic, at least on our European versions. Alot more

I'd be more than satisfied if SOA would offer what the Japanese, Australians, New Zealanders, Europeans, and others already can buy: the Legacy 3.0 R spec.B sedan or wagon with the five-speed automatic transmission, xenon headlights, and upgraded sound system. I'd like XM radio, integration for an iPod, heated rear seats, and amber rear turn signals, too. I'd happily trade in my 2006 spec.B for a 2007 3.0 R spec.B.

Taken over from NASIOC:

Rumors from talking to my regional rep @ the dealership today:

1. The 2007 Spec-B will have a 6MT (finally!), and a blue/black interior similar to the STI's, but in leather. No word on HP increase, and still limited production. No word on Xenons.

2. 800 Limited STIs will be produced for 2007, this is an STI with the Limited (WRX) package--so leather & sunroof, and WRX-style (low) tail. (The UK should be already getting this package this year).

3. 2007 Foresters & Imprezas will be Sirius Radio pre-wired, Leg/OB/B9 will get XM pre-wire.

4. All 2007s will get MP3 input jacks for the stock radios.

5. 2007 B9s will get an optional mesh front grille (not sure that's the cure it needs).

6. 2006 MY production will cease in March, and new MY 2007s will begin to debut in July (though new Spec-B and STI-Limited won't be until Fall sometime).

Since someone else spilled it...

I'd confirm the rest but no-one has mentioned those tid bits to me yet....

Let's assume they put the 6 speed in the 07 Leggie. Gear ratio's will probably be close to the STI (at that point) and I wouldn't be suprised if they release a 6 speed auto as well with the sport shift. Most likely only on the Legacy and Tribeca models (for the auto) but who knows. As far as using more fuel, I highy doubt that.

Depends more on the persons foot rather than the person's shifting ability.

does anybody know the final drive ratio for the 3.0R Spec B's 6MT?

I am betting it is lower than the WRX STI's ~4.3:1. I would hope that it would be closer to the LGT's ~4.1:1.

With a close-ratio set of gears down low, and a tall over-drive 6th, it could actually help gas mileage on the highway, even if it hurts economy a tad bit in the lower gears. (might do ok for accelleration, though, despite a 2-3 shift before 62mph, rather than after to help the 0-60mph/100kph stats.)

Geared well, it could be nice. geared poorly, and it could be more hassle than a 5MT. I guess we'll see.

Archived