LegacyGT.com

ITunes Users Prefer VW, Audi & Subaru...

heybige

Some recent news posted at Edmunds.com...

Apple iTunes Users Love VW and Audi

Date posted: 01-21-2006

NEW YORK — Users of Apple Computer's iTunes music store and software prefer Volkswagens, hard cider and the Cartoon Network, a new study reports.

Nielsen/NetRatings, a widely respected Internet media and market research firm, said on Thursday that new findings show iTunes users are 2.2 times more likely to own a VW than the average Internet user. Other popular carmakers among the group include Audi and Subaru.

While it may seem like a small market to corner, iTunes users are seen by many ad firms as one of the most desirable segments as they tend to be young, educated and flush with disposable income. And marketing firms have been flummoxed in past years trying to find ways of attracting their attention for clients.

The research firm said that traffic to Apple's iTunes Web site and use of the iTunes application has skyrocketed 241 percent over the past year, from 6.1 million unique visitors in December 2004 to 20.7 million in December 2005.

What this means to you: The rapid growth of iTunes is having a ripple effect on automakers — especially those hoping to reach the coveted youth market. Forget Gen Y…is it Generation iTunes?

The problem with this, is I bet Apple computer users and PC users at this point represent different groups within the itunes users.

There's probably a number out there, (if I get hammered for not googling, I'm going back to AudiWorld... :lol:) but I'd like to know how ITunes users are broken down between Mac & PC.

Either way, Turner-owned Cartoon Network must be thrilled! Less Barbie! More all-wheel drive commercials!

Meatwad gets the honeys, G!

Inignot: Hello, Carl, I am Inignot and this is Err.

Err: I am Err.

Inignot: We are Mooninites from the inner core of the moon.

Err: You said it right.

Inignot: Our race is hundred of years beyond yours.

Err: Man, you hear what he's saying?

Inignot: Some would say that the Earth is our moon.

Err: We're the moon.

Inignot: But that would belittle the name of our moon, which is: The Moon.

Err: Point is: we're at the center, not you.

Carl: No, the real point is: I don't give a damn.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force for the win!

Hard cider, though? WTF

+4
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Archived