LegacyGT.com

Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah - Come On In!

axis008

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anyone going to firebird tonite? theres a drift event, my oldest daughters boyfriend and his bro are entering it with their 240sx for the first time. they are selling the car, so they wanted to mess around with it before selling. im kind of hoping for a wall hit or something, hehe.

well, i went to firebird. they may as well change it to "240SX night" out there, hehe. was a good time tho, no real crashes or fails, just 7 popped tires and a bunch of nice cars. i was surprised at the lack of riced out civics. there was also a sponsored FR-S out there, pretty nice.

Haha! you wanted your daughters bf to crash? I haven't been down to firebird yet, I'm in Prescott so I don't get down to phx much. Its a little too hot for me there and im still having ac issues.I just came across this thead, usually I get together with the prescott locals from the swic chapter of nasioc. I haven't seen many 1st gen legacy guys though, usually its a hippys or grandmas driving 1st gens around here. The phx guys usally get together once a year and drive up throufh wickenburg and up to prescott. Then we all meet up for lunch and drive through to Jerome and sedona. Its usually during the fall as the leaves are changing colors. Plus highway 89 is just a fun road to drive, especially since they repaved it going over the bradshaw mountains.

Yeah for sure, I also like to attend the prescott forest rally, its usually around september 28th and we usually get on the course ahead of the race and drink beers, my friends even camp on the stages, its a blast to see and be able to get up close to rally cars flying by. Its good old mistubishis vs subaru action, lots of garage built cars as well as unlimited class professional cars running exotic fuels. Last race there was an sti that smelled like natural gas as it went by. Here a pic of my beater/sleeper. http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/onefastlt/IMG_20120804_143640.jpg

Here's my build thread, just finished this project. It just needs a bigger turbo/injectors to run 400hp. My next upgrade will be a 6 spd swap. I weighed it at the scales and it was 3020lbs without me and a full tank, it has full lxi leather interior and I could easily lose 100lbs of interior if I was taking it to a track. my previous ss weighed 3200 and it handled great with the 225/45/17's. I would say its on par with some of the sti's, especially in the twisties. I have lots of spare parts if anyone needs any. I'm about to scrap my totaled 93 ss, for the most part its stripped down. http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49620

• I Donated
I drive up north every once in awhile. I'll give you a heads up next time I'm up that way and maybe we can cruise a few mountain roads. Its been awhile since I've been on a mountain run.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Haha! you wanted your daughters bf to crash? I haven't been down to firebird yet, I'm in Prescott so I don't get down to phx much. Its a little too hot for me there and im still having ac issues.I just came across this thead, usually I get together with the prescott locals from the swic chapter of nasioc. I haven't seen many 1st gen legacy guys though, usually its a hippys or grandmas driving 1st gens around here. The phx guys usally get together once a year and drive up throufh wickenburg and up to prescott. Then we all meet up for lunch and drive through to Jerome and sedona. Its usually during the fall as the leaves are changing colors. Plus highway 89 is just a fun road to drive, especially since they repaved it going over the bradshaw mountains.

hell ya i wanted to see him wipe that 240 on a wall or pylon, that would have been fun!

i do a lot of work up around cottonwood, i love the drives up there. the road from cottonwood to jerome is awesome, i scared the hell out of my kids a few months ago taking them up there for a day trip to the grand hotel.

Give me a heads up next time you guys do that and I'll be there

will do, we go out there at least every month, sometimes more often. we hit the 10 dollar nights tho, 30 a head is a bit too much for me. especially with 3 teenage kids that want to go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • I Donated
I use CBA in Chandler for work heads / blocks through my shop, but they don't deal with Subarus....so if you're wanting Subaru stuff....I dunno what to tell you.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• 4 weeks later...

Archived