LegacyGT.com

JDM Sedan Tail lights are in....

Opie

They arrived today from Japanparts.com

P/N's: 84201AG162 & 84201AG172

They are a direct replacement, bolt in exactly the same and plug right into the existing wiring harness...no mods necessary.

The only "issue" was the lights arrived slightly damaged...luckily I just removed the damaged plastic side trim and swapped it with the good trim off the lights I took out. No real harm but I would recomend additional packing be requested if ordering from Japanparts.com to prevent this. My boxes were not damaged at all so I am sure it was just "rough" treatment in shipping during it's around the world in 3-days trip.

Instructions to access the taillight mounting through the trunk trim is HERE

Instructions to remove and replace the taillight assembly itself is HERE

Movie Clips: Please "Right-Click" and "Save-as" to preserve my bandwidth...

Movie Clip #1 - OEM Taillights - Sequence: Parking Lights on, then Hazard lights, then Brake lights: OEM Lights

Movie Clip #2 - JDM Taillights - Sequence: Brake Lighs on then off, Parking Lights on, Hazard Lights on, Brake Lights on, Hazard Light Off, Reverse Lights On.

JDM Lights

The JDM Lights also have the required red reflector, so they are in fact U.S. compliant...they do not include the rear fog-light option.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cool...

do they look any different in terms of the shiny chrome outline?

Nope, they look almost identical to the stockers, only real external difference is the clear part in the center has a pattern on it instead of being perfectly clear...

Noice. I take it that they came with the pig-tail wiring harnesses (from tail lights to main chassis harness...)

I love the separate turn signals. I'd put chrome-amber, or sylvania silverstars to mask the amber when off, but it looks cool to have the amber signal come on from the center section...

I wonder why the vid clip shows the tail lights up, and brake lights at the bottom.

USDM is the other way around, and JDM doesn't use the bottom for brake, but driver's side rear fog...

Are the upper and lower red section bulbs swappable? (same socket pattern...)

Just curious, really neither here nor there. Looks good, and looks like a Mod that I would be tempted to do, if affordable.

Unless the 07s are completely different, or somehow nicer (doubt it.)

cool, thanks for providing that, however I may be speaking only for myself when I say I dislike amber turn signals in the rear, why would you want to add that? it almost makes it look like a forenza :(

good luck to all those interested in the project, would love to see more finished pics! if you put clear bulbs or LEDs in those amber rears it might look great.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I like the amber lights because it is an obvious distinction between the regular driving lights/brake lights and turn signal lights.

i have to agree with him, b4 i go the Legacy i used to dislike red turn signal lights because they are not that noticable, and likes amber turn signals much better. But I love my Legacy, and well i won't be able to see the back of my car so it's fine with me :lol:

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Archived