LegacyGT.com

What Would You Pay For This ???

OK, Subaru just built this awesome Legacy STI and you see the first one sitting at your local Subaru Dealership. The car you see before your eyes has beautiful 18's, amazing factory ground affects with rear spoiler, new HID's headlights, and a STI ratio'd 6 spd MT to sort the 300 Hp turbo 2.5L H4. As you sit in the sporty leather/ecsaine race type seat and you marvel at the LCD gauge pack, you decide to turn your head to look at the MSRP on the window sticker... At this point you have to ask yourself...WHAT WOULD I PAY FOR THIS??? :D Me....$37,000 MSRP without NAV (destination included). Bring it on Subaru...I'm READY!!! :P Now, what would you be willing to pay???

[quote name='SUBE555']Ah, MAYBE $34k, 35k with the Prodrive adjustable suspension. 8)[/quote] 37k is too much 35k sounds betta

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Word Preston! I'm not sure how or when we'll see an H6T/TT unless they have figured out the fuel consuption issue and tranny on glass problem with the amount of power that thing deals out. Thats why I'm just skeptical on that deal for a bit. The EJ257 has legs though. :)

The engine configuration doesn't matter on the tranny. 350hp/350tq is the same either way. If the Spec C is pushing out 320, then 30 more isn't THAT much more. It would be worth using a heavier tranny. I wouldn't mind the weight gain. Of the two engine configurations, there would probably be more tuning room with an H6TT, but the 2.5 would be lighter and surely cheaper with only one (albeit expensive) turbo setup and 2 less cylinders+components.

[quote name='PPower']The engine configuration doesn't matter on the tranny. 350hp/350tq is the same either way. If the Spec C is pushing out 320, then 30 more isn't THAT much more. It would be worth using a heavier tranny. I wouldn't mind the weight gain. Of the two engine configurations, there would probably be more tuning room with an H6TT, but the 2.5 would be lighter and surely cheaper with only one (albeit expensive) turbo setup and 2 less cylinders+components.[/quote] That's true Preston, however, if they made the H6TT to 400/400, there are few AWD trannys that can handle that everyday. In an American-aggressiveness. I'd have to say I'd rather have less weight and 320-350hp, than 400hp and the extra beef of an H6TT + drivetrain beef-up. If it were 50-100lbs, thats a nice difference in handling and many other areas. Besides, its easier to run low-boost low-power maps for economy and reset the map to a higher-output map on an EJ257/single turbo, than all the beef already there in an H6TT. Sort of like putting it into a valet mode. :) The H6TT is just capable of so much more that tranny failure is nearly imminent on anything currently in production. I was told the configuration they had in testing was eating STi 6MTs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

You guys are all a bunch of crazy dreamers (cheesy).. Although all those things sound wonderful, the tranny is an issue regardless of what anyone says. I think that this GT will dictate what we see come donw the pipe in the next 10 years or so. Don't expect a H6TT for a LOOOOOONG time..

That was my initial and still current status, the feasibility just doesn't exist for an H6TT. The durability factors and new hardware required for a run of the probable size would make these vehicles inherently expensive, particularly with the Yen-Dollar ratio of curent. A 320-350hp Legacy STi with the turbo 2.5 could do a 12sec 400m without too much a problem, handle the backroads and tracks like M3s and have the durability of thye best Subarus. I just don't see why more should be expected from a factory car for $35k give/take.

It may not be complete dreaming. The H6TT has been known to be in development for well over a year now. As for the 2.5 twinscroll, that's just a stolen idea from Litchfield Imports of UK's Type-25 JDM/USDM STi hybrid.

Last thing I heard the H6TTs were getting as bad mileage as the Enzo. Um yeah, that's bad, particularly from an engine with half the output. That was about a year ago. I still think its too expensive at this point. I was told the WRX engines were a nice amount less to produce, or the FXTs engine also than the NA H6. Now add forced induction with 2 turbos to the equation, or 1 big one with a large amount of manifold tuning, odd IC placement potentially, and other factors that may just make it not all too feasible. I do like the twin-scroll idea though, pretty badass. Got a linky for me on that? Check out the other link [url=http://www.legacysti.com/viewtopic.php?t=231]HERE[/url] on what I think they should do, particularly with this idea of a performance model or performance package. :)

[quote name='SUBE555'] I do like the twin-scroll idea though, pretty badass. Got a linky for me on that? [/quote] [url]http://www.litimports.co.uk/emailer/14.01.04/[/url] Sign up for e-mail updates [url=http://www.litchfieldimports.co.uk/subaru/type25.html]here[/url]. I just did. [img]http://www.litimports.co.uk/emailer/14.01.04/images/graph.gif[/img]

Archived