LegacyGT.com

Thinking about buying a 1999 Legacy GT-B

Spaceman3

I just moved to Japan and there is a GT-B wagon for sale. It's real pretty and in excellent condition. Only about 50,000 kms on the odometer. Anyway, it has STi stuff all over it. Did STi have anything to do with the GT-B wagons? I haven't been able to find out much online.

I'm fairly sure that this would be a good car to pickup. I personally like the 3rd Gen Legacys and would have picked up one if I hadn't heard that the 05s were coming with significant improvements to the chassis and the power delivery.

It would probably be more helpful to you to post your question in the Japan Forum since some of our membership lives there and know these cars very well. You might also try PMing apexjapan, apexjapan2, speeding_gaijin, or B4_Maniac for the information you need.

Good luck and have fun with your new ride.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Thanks for the reply, Subietonic! I'll check it out.

I guess what I ment to say about it having STi stuff all over it was: it has STi emblems, and a real subtle ground effect kit that looks pretty nice. The current owner has added a Japan Tuning exhaust, some kind of WAI, and "Some HKS stuff in there, too"...I shoulda' asked what that was. Anyway, it's going for $7K, and I'm getting it tomorrow. I'll post a pic when I can...the experts here can tell me what it's about.

I'm stoked! I've never owned a Subaru before. I always liked them, tho.

Yeah, another Subie owner (has a USDM 99 LGT Wgn) came over to my house this weekend so we could put some suspension bits on his car. Much of what he has on the car... rims, tails, exhaust, etc., he picked up while he was in Japan. He has a full 3" Fujitsubo CBE on his car that looks and sounds awesome. The quality of construction, fit and finish, even after 50-60K miles is awesome.

Really hope you enjoy your new ride. Look forward to the pics.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived