LegacyGT.com

has anybody painted the plastic engine cover?

red beast

i was thinking of painting the plastic engine cover the same color as my car, garnet red pearl. i'd keep the grills black or maybe have them chromed (maybe). i already ordered the paint from paintscratch.com with some flex additive, cleaners, primer, and clearcoat. has anybody got pics or other thoughts? [img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/423426/db.jpg[/img]

The 2.5 turbo doesn't even have silver painted "intake runners" I would think that painting the runners and the mesh over the alternator crinkle STi red might be nice. There are also the perforated sections, which could be painted as well... Just thoughts...

That was quick. STI Cherry Blossom Red is more pink than that, not to nitpick. I don't mind it so much, but I am not completely sold on it. It's odd. I love the red on the intake and TMIC on the WRX STi... I'd do the red runners and mesh on the engine cover before I would go near that interior though... :D

[quote name='SC GT']I was surfing through some Japanese websites and saw someone painted his cover red, and someone painted his silver. They looked kind of cheap to me.[/quote] you mean like a two dollar whore trying to look sophisticated?

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='red beast'][quote name='SC GT']I was surfing through some Japanese websites and saw someone painted his cover red, and someone painted his silver. They looked kind of cheap to me.[/quote] you mean like a two dollar whore trying to look sophisticated?[/quote] :lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='agctr']Love the pics boys but have to admit, some of us have WAY too much time on our hands although to be creative is a good thing. Keep up the good work Ricers ! LOL Adam.[/quote] :lol:

Archived