LegacyGT.com

Roof rack systems for the Legacy Wagon

sjg

I like to set my Yakima 16 SkyPro box back so the leading edge is just behind the slip-stream from the windshield. That means that it's just far enough aft that the rear lift spoiler does hit on the rear-end of the box, which keeps the lift from going all the way open. I just use a draped towel to protect it and duck a bit to keep from hitting my head.

547067449_05LGTWw-16CFYakBoxLGAATSportTrailer.thumb.jpg.20481c7d754f672fb5d4a35f68f4fb96.jpg

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good eye but nah - the right rear wheel is really setting on an elevated mound of dirt in that picture, so the body is shifted left, pushing the left-rear wheel well down over that wheel. If it were sitting flat, it would be flat, front to rear.

But, BOT - in this case the Yakima box fits on the Subaru stock cross-bar system

I expect it's primarily due to the load...

whats in that trailer SBT?

There's about 500 lbs of camping gear in the trailer (with about 35 lbs of tongue weight), and another 75-80 lbs inside the rear compartment behind the back seat. But, it's on Bilstein/Swifts, so it doesn't sag. When the trailer is fully loaded it's about 1000 lbs and 60 lbs at the tongue - depending on how well I load it.

Sorry For the delay...CDN Roof rack pics...

WOW

A. Hot wagon! I love that gilled rear bumper!

B. Any reason those CDN cross bars wouldn't work on a US '05 LGT wagon? That look is precisely what I've been looking for to go with my Thule Universal Flat Top ski rack system.

He quoted me $220 CDN +tax for one of the racks- I think he's basically looking to just get his cost back as they've got 3 in stock, and haven't sold a set in almost 2 years.

I'll find out what they will do for all 3 sets, figure in getting them over the border and the drive, and shipping and PM you guys with a price (I'm gonna guess it will be a little under $300 US total). Just for the sake of it, if there is a lot of interest Leonardo and Pirate Red you've got priority.

I would imagine quite a few dealerships have these in stock as they came with our wagon's from 05-09 standard...might be worth a call and they can ship them direct much like I order from the states?

J

He quoted me $220 CDN +tax for one of the racks- I think he's basically looking to just get his cost back as they've got 3 in stock, and haven't sold a set in almost 2 years.

I'll find out what they will do for all 3 sets, figure in getting them over the border and the drive, and shipping and PM you guys with a price (I'm gonna guess it will be a little under $300 US total). Just for the sake of it, if there is a lot of interest Leonardo and Pirate Red you've got priority.

Just to be clear, these are only the cross-bars for a 05 LGT wagon, not any other attachments. Seems like I can find them for about $130 US closer to home. Just wanted to check that's what these are. Thanks for the work Brock.

Just to be clear, these are only the cross-bars for a 05 LGT wagon, not any other attachments. Seems like I can find them for about $130 US closer to home. Just wanted to check that's what these are. Thanks for the work Brock.

As in across the border or in Washington?

Brock, can you please post up the P/N for the Canadian variant, so we can attempt to source it (after these three are gone). Thanks in advance.

Wherever. Looking for the best deal is all. Found these ones: http://www.subarupartsoutlet.com/product_info.php?cPath=45_158_53&products_id=387&osCsid=b9b8b1c27f10ff21f7b1a3d9fa50af69

Just making sure we're talking about the same item. I am just looking for some factory cross-bars so I can toss a Rocketbox on.

These are definitely not the same. Beyond being an 'aero' style bar, it does not really stick out beyond the roof rail laterally. It also looks like it's a bit lower than the mont blanc solution. Don't get me wrong, the US bars are doubtlessly going to be cheaper but IMHO they look awful. (sorry! I just happen to be picky!)

Anyway, part # is SCI306631 for Canadian aero style OEM bars. I'm going to seriously look into getting these shipped- it may save money over smuggling them back in to the US.

These are definitely not the same. Beyond being an 'aero' style bar, it does not really stick out beyond the roof rail laterally. It also looks like it's a bit lower than the mont blanc solution. Don't get me wrong, the US bars are doubtlessly going to be cheaper but IMHO they look awful. (sorry! I just happen to be picky!)

Anyway, part # is SCI306631 for Canadian aero style OEM bars. I'm going to seriously look into getting these shipped- it may save money over smuggling them back in to the US.

I am also interested in these "aero" style bars. Can you confirm that they fit the US rails? If they do I might have to see if any eastern Canadian dealers have them in stock.