LegacyGT.com

Roof rack systems for the Legacy Wagon

sjg

What part of the world are you in?

In the US, a US domestic market 2003 legacy is the previous generation and probably won't fit your USDM 05. You need a 2005-2007 Legacy Wagon.

https://row52.com/Search/?YMMorVin=YMM&Year=2005-2007&V1=&V2=&V3=&V4=&V5=&V6=&V7=&V8=&V9=&V10=&V11=&V12=&V13=&V14=&V15=&V16=&V17=&ZipCode=&Page=1&ModelId=4158&MakeId=226&LocationId=&IsVin=false&Distance=50

Thanks, you are certainly correct. I'm in Florida and found something local - only to find it isn't correct - but it fits (sorta) :) 2003 Baja cross bars - they are SUBARU-branded on the caps, do actually lock-in and aren't moving - but I will not be moving an priceless crystal cabinets on-top of them, just in case. I really appreciate the link, Rcnesneg. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I've done research for hundreds of hours over the course of more than a year on this forum to just be able to put a damn kayak (preferably two) on the roof of my car, which is a 2007 Legacy Wagon 2.5i Ltd with rails that I guess are called flush. See photo. Looking at the car from the side, there is no space between the rail and the car, but on the inner side, there is a groove that runs along the length of the rail.

I've been on ebay, facebook marketplace, yakima's website, thule, and even Montblanc's site that made me choose between "4dr Saloon" or "5 dr Estate" as my "model" of my 2007 Legacy wagon. ??? Yes, I was on the English language site.

Could someone please have mercy on this poor mother who just wants to take her kid kayaking without decapitating the people driving behind my wagon on the NJ turnpike? By providing workable links to the things I actually need to buy that I can take to a body shop and say "here, put this on". I have aleady tried to find local help but nobody feels like looking into what is required to get a rack, and I called the local Subaru dealership parts department, where they asked me what kind of car I had and then laughed heartily before saying "can't help ya".

Prefer something easy and affordable. I am assuming Montblanc is best in that regard, but damned if I can find what I have to do in order to accomplish this.

Thank you!

IMG_5968.jpg.8724b1f95cb0ccd29236ccf4debff0ce.jpg

I think I've done research for hundreds of hours over the course of more than a year on this forum to just be able to put a damn kayak (preferably two) on the roof of my car, which is a 2007 Legacy Wagon 2.5i Ltd with rails that I guess are called flush. See photo. Looking at the car from the side, there is no space between the rail and the car, but on the inner side, there is a groove that runs along the length of the rail.

I've been on ebay, facebook marketplace, yakima's website, thule, and even Montblanc's site that made me choose between "4dr Saloon" or "5 dr Estate" as my "model" of my 2007 Legacy wagon. ??? Yes, I was on the English language site.

Could someone please have mercy on this poor mother who just wants to take her kid kayaking without decapitating the people driving behind my wagon on the NJ turnpike? By providing workable links to the things I actually need to buy that I can take to a body shop and say "here, put this on". I have aleady tried to find local help but nobody feels like looking into what is required to get a rack, and I called the local Subaru dealership parts department, where they asked me what kind of car I had and then laughed heartily before saying "can't help ya".

Prefer something easy and affordable. I am assuming Montblanc is best in that regard, but damned if I can find what I have to do in order to accomplish this.

Thank you!

The information you are asking for is literally contained about 4 posts up from this one. An Estate is a wagon, you need the crossbars for the wagon, which would be the Mont Blanc MB3747-B-02 Black 47" Gripper Load Bar Set. I regularly carry kayaks on mine.

Thank you!

I know - it sucks. Took me a bunch of time too. See my previous post #273 higher on this page - This is probably your best/cheapest option right now as of june 2021.

Mont Blanc (OEM), Now sold by Perrycraft. - $324

MB3747-B-02

https://www.perrycraft.com/product/a...-bars-includes

PS: In Britain:

Saloon = 4 door sedan.

Estate = Wagon (4 door plus rear door)

Also, I got lucky and was able to get the Yakima Whispbar S22 and K325 kits (From two different places that had new, in-box parts they were trying to clear out from years ago)

They look nice, grab hard, but were expensive! Oh - and they're so quiet I literally can't hear them, even with the sunroof open.

I don't know why the pictures are upside down - when I click on them they open right-side-up.

IMG_20210513_203911987.thumb.jpg.22d92eacb96e920db266490395bf531c.jpg

IMG_20210513_203830135.thumb.jpg.2263e25bc755663579f5b9313493edd7.jpg

Wow! I can't thank you all enough. I ordered it FINALLY and am very excited b/c I'm getting the sporting stuff, like kayaks and bikes, organized and accessible for use this summer. I'm hosting a 13 year old boy for the summer from overseas (potential adoption) and have to be ready for all the camping, biking and kayaking. Getting a new timing belt and tune-up this weekend. Big decision whether to keep the old 2007 or get a newer model, because the new Outbacks and legacy wagon types aren't true "wagons" but SUVs. The sticker shock persuaded me to fix up my 07.

Thanks all.

• 7 months later...

Hey!

I have an '07 Legacy Wagon.

I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me out. I'm looking for a set of crossbars. Ideally the MB3747-B-02. I can't find them for sale anywhere. eBay has some MB3747-B, which seem to be a different product on Perrycraft's website.

MB3747-B-02

MB3747-B

That said, Perrycraft states that the MB3747-B will fit a legacy until 07, even though the body went to 09. They also state the MB3747-B-02 doesn't fit the legacy at all.

Has anybody purchased the MB3747-B and can confirm it fits? I have to import the bars from America and don't want to have to pay all this tax, duty and shipping if the things aren't even going to fit!

I know it's a long-shot, but I thought it was worth trying! Very much appreciate any insight. Thank you.

Hi and welcome to the forum, thenoodle. I also have an 07 Legacy wagon and feel your frustration searching for compatible bars. Firstly, US production specs will reflect that our market accessories will only fit til ‘07 as that was the last year of wagon model Legacy here. You did well finding the Perrycraft site, those bars are essentially the oem montblanc without Subaru badging. I went a different route w Thule square bars and a flush-rail specific foot adapter, which off the top I think is SR2 fit kit. Looking them up may save you some handling fees if sold domestically. Yakima also made systems that work on ‘07’s once upon a time. Finding either option used may save a little unless your object is to go for the oem aesthetic. Hope that helps.

Hey!

I have an '07 Legacy Wagon.

I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me out. I'm looking for a set of crossbars. Ideally the MB3747-B-02. I can't find them for sale anywhere. eBay has some MB3747-B, which seem to be a different product on Perrycraft's website.

MB3747-B-02

MB3747-B

That said, Perrycraft states that the MB3747-B will fit a legacy until 07, even though the body went to 09. They also state the MB3747-B-02 doesn't fit the legacy at all.

Has anybody purchased the MB3747-B and can confirm it fits? I have to import the bars from America and don't want to have to pay all this tax, duty and shipping if the things aren't even going to fit!

I know it's a long-shot, but I thought it was worth trying! Very much appreciate any insight. Thank you.

Thanks to this group I got the MB3747-B-02 and it fits beautifully. Link below. I also show before and after pics of my Legacy 07 wagon.

https://www.vividracing.com/index.php?keywords=MB3747-B-02

2022-01-27 13-02-23.pdf

IMG_1400.pdf

IMG_1399.pdf

Edited by Charnj
Pics didn’t show

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to get the last set of MB3747-B-02 from amazon.com. Had them shipped to WA and brought them across the border. Needless to say, they fit!

There's a set on eBay that doesn't have the strip to cover the holes in the underside of the crossbars that I was considering. Very glad I didn't. I didn't put the strips in, just to test, and they whistle so loud once you hit 70km/h.

241097653_photo_2022-02-1514_52_57.thumb.jpg.0cde352607f9e9b594d64b0cd77c7a43.jpg

I managed to get the last set of MB3747-B-02 from amazon.com. Had them shipped to WA and brought them across the border. Needless to say, they fit!

There's a set on eBay that doesn't have the strip to cover the holes in the underside of the crossbars that I was considering. Very glad I didn't. I didn't put the strips in, just to test, and they whistle so loud once you hit 70km/h.

Congrats on finding them! And yes, without the strips in the bars to fill in the adjustment slots on the underside, they do like to whistle. You can also cover these with tape if you ever lose the strips themselves.

• 4 months later...

Well my beloved 2006 Legacy wagon finally bit the big one. Needs a new engine so bye bye.

But I still have the OG subaru montblanc crossbars. Including a pair of kayak pads. I have the key around here as well. Yes they are well used but work just fine. Lost the end caps somewhere out there on the road. Who wants them? Just pay shipping

20220703_132444.thumb.jpg.b004a52a82478fb2706f31ca95db5766.jpg

20220703_132521.thumb.jpg.1a0c1a4eef6d131ac3cc38df182c36c4.jpg

20220703_132604.thumb.jpg.e72432e4ef253ce4223d2cd1d9103494.jpg