LegacyGT.com

Auto leggy vs. RSX type-S

RSX is real slow i've driven one with 6 speed manual clutch felt kinda light and just felt like civic riced up version

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Me and a friend test drove a RSX-S 6 sp. We kept gunning it but nothing happened. We were 3 people in it but it did not feel like 200hp. To make it go we had really put it to the high rpm's. Above 6k. A friend of mine has a TSX which is the 4 door version with a 6 sp. But I keep polite and do not bug him about it :) Cheers Nick

Horsepower is just a mathematical calculation - torque*rpm. The higher up peak horsepower is rated (the further away from 5252 rpm), the less peak torque the engine produces. So take a quoted HP figure divide by the rpm and multiply by 5252 (the 'magic' theoretical number where torque and HP figures are equal). 2003 Honda S2000 - 240HP@8300 rpm = 151.9 lbs./ft. 2004 Honda S2000 - 240HP@7800 rpm = 161.6 lbs./ft. 1931 Nash straight 8 - 100HP@3200rpm = 164.1 lbs./ft. (if it could rev that high) Steve

Well...it's like comparing night and day, you can not simply compare these two car's 0-60, well, RSX probably is the best handling FWD in its calss except Alfa 156. Especially last generation 4 wheel doubl wishbone Integra Type R, throw that in a mountain road you will has a RWD feeling...and it's a gas saver too, but less torque, space, door, weight... Well, it's totally different segment, can not compare :P

Hey evolutionmovement, would just moving to the metric system dispense with the bull? :lol: It would probably just get things more confusing than a simple equation for all the simple-minded Americans out there. :D

Yes...Honda/Acura are adding weight to their cars because of the addition over the years of new safety features and in the Civic Si you have a 2.0L engine (no more 1.6L), and the car has grown in size from the previous Si's. I just saw a new Si in a Target parking lot and the darn thing already had several dings in both doors (the small little pock mark ones...looks bad in such a new car). I owned several Honda/Acura products and I sold them after only a short period of time...I had more dings in the Acura Integra GSR in one year than I have ever had in any car...how sad. I went and checked out the new TL for my wife and this and the MDX seem to be the first Acura's with a thicker exterior skin...good move Acura!

Well my brother has 04 wrx and that has a really light body. I lean on that car and the fender pop in. And my friend has a supra and you can feel the difference, when you lean on that supra nothing happen. Im just saying that the wrx should be a little stronger.

Toyota/Lexus are very good in fact...My "02" IS300 has had several wacks from people swinging their damn doors out and hitting my car, and when I look their is never any dings (shocking actually). To this day my IS300 still does not have a SINGLE ding in almost two years...this is amazing to me (the paint is too soft though and they suffer a high number of rock chips on the front if you do not use "XPEL"). I hate when you have a $30,000 to $40,000 dollar car and the darn thing has dings all over it...looks like $hit IMO. The higher priced European cars have great sheetmetal on all their cars (MB, Audi, BMW, SAAB, Volvo), and with all the European cars I have owned over the years I never had problems with dings.

[quote name='SUBE555']I didn't notice the one I was leaning on today moving. (04 WRX)[/quote] I eat my words, at least for a bugeye wagon, had to push one out of the snow today a couple times and I did notice some plex. Hey gotta lose that weight somehow. If you're not putting major force into them it should bounce back as I noticed. Just had to push closer to seams which isn't an issue. :)

[quote name='legacy2ner']I was wondering my friend got his RSX back today after being in a crash will his type-S be able to beat a auto Leggy GT. I just roughly want to know.[/quote] I'm shocked to see that people aren't giving you crap for the obvious comment, why the auto?! I have one because of my wife, who refused to learn how to drive a stick. Our next car will have an MT, I finally wore her down I guess. :D

Archived