LegacyGT.com

Meguiar's NXT Tech wax vs spray wax

Deer Killer

What's the difference? I see online that Tech wax is only 18 oz compared to 24oz, and is twice as expensive. Also the local stores don't seem to carry anything but the spray wax. Spray wax also says "booster wax" on it. hmmm Who in New england carries the stuff? I'd like to wax my car tomorrow so....

[quote name='Deer Killer']What's the difference? I see online that Tech wax is only 18 oz compared to 24oz, and is twice as expensive. Also the local stores don't seem to carry anything but the spray wax. Spray wax also says "booster wax" on it. hmmm Who in New england carries the stuff? I'd like to wax my car tomorrow so....[/quote] I ordered mine online but I did see it at Auto-Zone. You can get the kit for $39.95 with free shipping which is what I did. The Hot Tire Shine Spray is pretty good too. Oh, the spray wax is just for touch up it's not an actual wax. This is the info from the site: [quote]NXT Generation Spray Wax Introducing Meguiar's Next Generation of Technology...Engineered Synthetic Polymers (ESP) The fastest way to re-energize your gloss and protection. Meguiar's NXT Generation Spray Wax builds on the results you have already achieved with NXT Generation Tech Wax. It's a spray-on "Booster Wax" that adds protection with superior polymer technology (ESP's) while restoring the deep, dark, wet-look shine. Use it dry for fast touch-ups, or use wet after washing your car to quickly restore the "Just-Waxed" look. G-12824 ....................24 oz. (710 ml) $6.99 add to cart [/quote]

NXT comes in two forms, the liquid bottle that a lot of waxes come in, then the booster spray on wax. The spray on wax isn't for normal waxing purposes. I used the regular NXT on my legacy and although it shinned up very nice I had a lot of trouble removing the residue, I think it may have been it was a little humid out and it never fully dried, but I don't know. I will probably give it one more shot. As for detailing wax's I find the Meguires quick detailer the best I have used, and I have tried several (deffinetly Not a fan of the NXT booster wax)

I've got a clay bar kit that I am waiting to use. Never used one before, so I would hope that it's well worth it. Then, I will wax it, as some people have said that it's easier to wax on and wax off once the clay bar has been used. As for the 'booster wax' never tried it...as any time I wash, I wax, and that usually takes care of things. Then it rains. DOH!

[quote name='kanoswrx']I find the Meguires quick detailer the best I have used, and I have tried several (deffinetly Not a fan of the NXT booster wax)[/quote] I agree. I use the Meguire's quick detailer all the time and it works great. The only thing that sucks is now you can't buy the large refill container they used to sell.

[quote name='inthedeck']I've got a clay bar kit that I am waiting to use. Never used one before, so I would hope that it's well worth it. Then, I will wax it, as some people have said that it's easier to wax on and wax off once the clay bar has been used. As for the 'booster wax' never tried it...as any time I wash, I wax, and that usually takes care of things. Then it rains. DOH![/quote] Do clay bar even your new Legacy - mine had some rough patches of paint that is baby smooth now. I found NXT tech wax pretty easy to apply and remove. Its pretty good for filling light scratches also. I haven't driven my 2 Subarus since I washed them last week .... and I think I'm up to a 4th coat of wax now :lol:

Archived