LegacyGT.com

Road & Track Speed Magazine comparo

RayDhaIn

can you buy the car w/out those things (hood, etc)? if not, i would say that your argument isn't really logical. so i don't get the rolling eyes.

personally, the Sport model is exactly the one i would buy...leather and a moonroof aren't that important to me.

the lgt had a non-limited version in its first year also, but the car mags chose not to test that version; the argument is to compare apples-to-apples, which is very logical, thus the rolling eyes

and does "toyota reliability" also mean that subies up until now have had "GM reliability" associated with them? ;) i dont think so either.

do subaru's have gm parts in them? b/c mazda's have ford parts (even the ones built in japan):

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=45859&view=findpost&p=591449

think so ;)

not knocking the car, just knocking the flawed logic behind your admonishments of my fellow members here

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey, i'm a fellow member! ;) are you the same JK from NABISCO?

i see your point re: comparing leather/moonroof cars to each other, but i still don't see how your "remove the hood, etc" analogy follows from that. it's not mazda's fault that mags never tested the non-limited version of the LGT. and based on the price difference, one could make the argument that the real comparison is the non-Spec B LGT vs. the MS6, instead of the $34k+ Spec B vs. the $31k MS6 grand touring. either way, it's basically an academic argument...as i said, a tenth here or there. my only "admonishment" would be aimed at those who claim that, objectively, one is "better" than the other. the difference is really personal preference.

and i'll still stand by my point about magazine racing. one can always find mag numbers to back up almost any statement; and in any case, the two cars (regardless of trim level) are close enough in almost every category that no one here would really be able to objectively tell the difference.

do subarus have toyota parts in them? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Just skimmed the latest Motor Trend doing the same comparison.

They put the Leg #1 and Mazda #2

Well, having read that comparison, I think it's completely clear that the Legacy GT is the superior car and the superior performance vehicle. I think it's time that all of us admit this and that we bow our head to the performance King: the Subaru Legacy GT. I invite all the members of the MazdaSpeed 6 Web site to copy this posting since I speak for a lot of us on this Legacy GT site when I say: Hail to the King, the Subaru Legacy GT!!!!!

:munch:

I test drove a MS6 Sport on the same day I bought my Spec B. Maybe it was the example I drove, but I could not stand how the clutch engagement acted on that car.

Let the clutch out it was nothing, nothing, nothing, grab! I almost killed the thing on a couple of occasions. It was a fun car to drive, but IMO, nowhere near as smooth as the power delivery on the Spec B.

Just my 2 cents...

Well, having read that comparison, I think it's completely clear that the Legacy GT is the superior car and the superior performance vehicle. I think it's time that all of us admit this and that we bow our head to the performance King: the Subaru Legacy GT. I invite all the members of the MazdaSpeed 6 Web site to copy this posting since I speak for a lot of us on this Legacy GT site when I say: Hail to the King, the Subaru Legacy GT!!!!!

:munch:

Now now... Be nice. The next thing you know, Ka Ka is going to be flying left and right in here.:lol:

Archived