LegacyGT.com

Road & Track Speed Magazine comparo

RayDhaIn

Just went to the local borders, saw they have the new speed magazine, and they have Audi 2.0t, LGT spec.B, and MS6 comparison!

Spec.B ranked 2nd though, from 200 total points, the differences between spec.B and MS6 (1st) is only like 1.5 point.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well in another article (C&D I believe) tehy tested under $30k sport sedans. The LGT was not included this year. thes test included the Honda Accord V6/6mt, the Acura TSX, VW GSL, Pontiac G6, and the MS6. THe MS6 came in 4th and other than the power (comparitively speaking to the other cars in the comparo) the MS6 wasn not to highly regarded. From what I read, I thought the regular LGT would have done well in taht comparo.

Kyle

Well, having read that comparison, I think it's completely clear that the MazaSpeed 6 is the superior car and the superior performance vehicle. I think it's time that all of us admit this and that we bow our head to the performance King: the MazaSpeed 6. I invite all the members of the MazdaSpeed 6 Web site to copy this posting since I speak for a lot of us on this Legacy GT site when I say: Hail to the King, the MazdaSpeed 6!!!!!

Well, having read that comparison, I think it's completely clear that the MazaSpeed 6 is the superior car and the superior performance vehicle. I think it's time that all of us admit this and that we bow our head to the performance King: the MazaSpeed 6. I invite all the members of the MazdaSpeed 6 Web site to copy this posting since I speak for a lot of us on this Legacy GT site when I say: Hail to the King, the MazdaSpeed 6!!!!!

In some respects I kinda agree. If I had to keep a car stock I would likely get a MS6. Modded: LGT all the way.

i read the article... they said it was so close between the mazda 6 and the legacy gt spec b that it really came down to preference. Basically, drive them both and get which one you prefer most. The Legacy did post quicker 0-60 acceleration times (5.5 seconds I think) but the mazda 6 would then gain ground after 60 but overall accerlation was about equal. Also, they liked the interior of the spec b better and said it was on par with the audi. I think the styling points went more towards the ms 6. Out of 200 points, it was only a 1.5 point difference and a lot of it was subjective ratings like style..

Sorry, i didn't buy the magazine as i didn't have much time there...

If i remember correctly both spec.B and MS6 have 14.2 sec 1/4 time, have almost similar skidpad (around .82ish) but MS6 is a lil bit higher. I think MS6 also have the braking test shorter.

In the article the editor did mention that LGT has better potential to be modded though.

I know some people will get sensitive over a study showing the Mazda is better, but sheesh....

lol. Anyway, there is another comparo lingering in one of the car mags of the MS6 versus the Spec B where...the Spec B comes out on top. It is one of the mainstream auto rags (automobile, road and track, motor trend, car and driver). Fire away boys....

Can someone please ban this freaking troll!!!:rolleyes::jedi::trolls:

lol. Anyway, there is another comparo lingering in one of the car mags of the MS6 versus the Spec B where...the Spec B comes out on top. It is one of the mainstream auto rags (automobile, road and track, motor trend, car and driver). Fire away boys....

Which one, and what did it specify as superior for each vehicle?

Thanks!

please...:rolleyes:

Well in another article (C&D I believe) tehy tested under $30k sport sedans. The LGT was not included this year. thes test included the Honda Accord V6/6mt, the Acura TSX, VW GSL, Pontiac G6, and the MS6. THe MS6 came in 4th and other than the power (comparitively speaking to the other cars in the comparo) the MS6 wasn not to highly regarded. From what I read, I thought the regular LGT would have done well in taht comparo.

Kyle

Road & Track last year....Legacy GT Limited vs. Acura TSX. GT was the winner.

Archived