LegacyGT.com

Anyone change out their 5th gen display/head? Need info please.

kattz

Just picked up DeltaSniper's '12 GT Limited.  REALLY nice car, but the ICE head and interface from the OEM is junk.  And I mean that in the worst possible way. This is an OEM design/tech issue.  I am spoiled because my '06 Forester X has an Alpine iLX-W650 in it and the experience is perfect.

I am considering an idatalink interface and a new Alpine or Kenwood head unit.  According to Crutchfield's web page, I will retain all OEM usage of external controls.

I'm not so sure of that.  This car will never see a CD, and I have no plans on updating the NAV because it is so ugly.  I use Waze for navigation, and I listen to music exclusively through Pandora and Amazon. But, there is a clock on the dash that is accessed via the Nav head, and also has two non-working set buttons on the clock.  This is the one in the center "eyebrow" on the dash just under the windshield.  And the fuel info is there as well.

Worried what functionality I will lose.

I already did a search and I must be an idiot, becasue I found nothing on this that relates to my question.  If anyone has any info, please share.

Thx

Kev