LegacyGT.com

Parts Diagram for Valve on the Back of the Intake Manifold

5 hours ago, Infosecdad said:

Looks like it's part of the manifold on the parts diagram.

Looks like it's removable though, why are you looking to replace it?

I was going to replace it if it was something like the PCV because I'm diagnosing an issue that may be caused by the vacuum system for the brakes.

However, I did remove it and it's literally just a simple connector. So I'm no longer going to replace it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 7:31 PM, silverton said:

I'm pretty confident that's the fitting for the brake booster hose

7 hours ago, Max Capacity said:

Yep, I just walked out and checked my 09. Brake booster hose.

Are you guys sure - the metal fitting?  I guess it's possible I messed this up when I was reassembling the intake manifold.  Perhaps I connected the vacuum hoses to the wrong fittings and that's why all my brake calipers were locking up.

https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2008_Legacy-25L-TURBO-5AT-4WD-GT-Limited-Sedan/_54102_6026546/INTAKE-MANIFOLD-INTAKEMANIFOLD-BODY--PCV-PIPE-07MY-/B13-050-22.html

Full size assembly image of INTAKE MANIFOLD. INTAKEMANIFOLD BODY & PCV PIPE '07MY-. (1/1)

What connects to the small (plastic) fitting of the 3?  I suppose it's actually "1AD21" - the vacuum hose coming off the PCV since it's not labeled as either "A" or "B".

signal-2023-03-26-173845.jpeg

Edited by yellowspirit

1 hour ago, yellowspirit said:

Are you guys sure - the metal fitting?  I guess it's possible I messed this up when I was reassembling the intake manifold.  Perhaps I connected the vacuum hoses to the wrong fittings and that's why all my brake calipers were locking up.

https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2008_Legacy-25L-TURBO-5AT-4WD-GT-Limited-Sedan/_54102_6026546/INTAKE-MANIFOLD-INTAKEMANIFOLD-BODY--PCV-PIPE-07MY-/B13-050-22.html

Full size assembly image of INTAKE MANIFOLD. INTAKEMANIFOLD BODY & PCV PIPE '07MY-. (1/1)

What connects to the small (plastic) fitting of the 3?  I suppose it's actually "1AD21" - the vacuum hose coming off the PCV since it's not labeled as either "A" or "B"

I don't think that's right.

The other end of the hose that connects to A goes to "Fig 261", which is the figure for the brake booster: https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2008_Legacy-25L-TURBO-5AT-4WD-GT-Limited-Sedan/_54106_6022650/BRAKE-PIPING-FRONT-WITH-OUT-VDC/B13-265-01.html

9 hours ago, Infosecdad said:

I don't think that's right.

The other end of the hose that connects to A goes to "Fig 261", which is the figure for the brake booster: https://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2008_Legacy-25L-TURBO-5AT-4WD-GT-Limited-Sedan/_54106_6022650/BRAKE-PIPING-FRONT-WITH-OUT-VDC/B13-265-01.html

That's why I think you guys are right and I probably connected the hoses incorrectly.  The PCV hose can be physically forced onto that metal fitting but it looks ballooned out so that's why I think I'm wrong.  And that may be causing the braking system to function incorrectly as it was.

• Like 1

I grabbed my hose and shuck it, and the other end clearly went to the brake booster. With the big Grimmspeed tmic it's easy to see. 

• Like 1

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

^^According to that diagram, the big aluminum fitting on that area seem to go to the PCV valve. The plastic fitting to the bottom right of the metal fitting goes to the brake booster.. again, according to this diagram.

Edited by RumblyXT

At minute 10:20 of the video, you can see him taking the brake booster hose to the plastic fitting I mentioned, the yellow line on the diagram.

At 15:53, you can see the PCV hose goes to the metal fitting.

The colored diagram I attached is correct. The metal fitting vacuum hose goes to the PVC, not the brake booster.

If you cant recognize that the hose you are trying to fit to a nipple is too small and the force required too great, maybe you should not be working on machinery.  Just because there is a You Tube video or a diagram  does not mean you are skilled enough to accomplish the task properly.  

On 4/16/2023 at 1:05 AM, m sprank said:

Its all the same in the end. A reference to manifold. No valves, dampers, etc. Just an orifice of a size to fit a hose. 

This statement leads me to think you were mistaken. How could it be “all the same in the end”? Is this your approach to machinery too? Each peep should have its corresponding destination..

I listed two sources: the diagram and that guy’s video. So you’re saying they’re both wrong?

It can be really confusing with all these vacuum hoses entanglement.. why is it so difficult for some to say I was wrong.. because I have absolutely no problem at all with it. We’re only human and in the end we’re here to help each other out not to bash or look down on others.

Edited by RumblyXT

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 12:42 PM, RumblyXT said:

This statement leads me to think you were mistaken. How could it be “all the same in the end”? Is this your approach to machinery too? Each peep should have its corresponding destination..

I listed two sources: the diagram and that guy’s video. So you’re saying they’re both wrong?

It can be really confusing with all these vacuum hoses entanglement.. why is it so difficult for some to say I was wrong.. because I have absolutely no problem at all with it. We’re only human and in the end we’re here to help each other out not to bash or look down on others.

I will say that the length and bend of the new PCV valve hose seems to go right into the metal fitting instead of the other plastic fitting.

Is it possible this part of the intake manifold design changed between the 05-06 and 07-09 cars?

On 4/17/2023 at 7:59 AM, m sprank said:

If you cant recognize that the hose you are trying to fit to a nipple is too small and the force required too great, maybe you should not be working on machinery.  Just because there is a You Tube video or a diagram  does not mean you are skilled enough to accomplish the task properly.  

It didn't seem like it took much effort at all to fit that hose onto the metal fitting.  It literally slid right on there.

Edited by yellowspirit

On 4/16/2023 at 2:26 PM, RumblyXT said:

Hmm.. yeah I’m not sure I agree with that. if that had been the case, his brake booster would have probably worked ok.

I will say that I'm not sure the brake booster is the problem either.  I've been parts cannoning the shit out of this.  It might even be the master cylinder (a new one from RockAuto may be the issue).  I've ordered a genuine Subaru one as a replacement.

• 3 weeks later...

I put a rockauto steering rack in my third gen ~25k miles ago.  It needs a new rack already, the inners both have way too much play.

I'll always recommend dealer parts vs aftermarket.  Even the 'peanut' marker bulbs are so much brighter than the 194's you'll get from oreillys.

• Like 2