LegacyGT.com

P0420 how to get rid of

Sent definitions to tuner apparently those were what we were using but he has a 2011 sti hes tuning Saturday so that will rule out a cable issue if that's all it is but looking like I'm gonna have to buy a new ecu if its similar to the ecu ID issue I linked above.

I am not a tuner and even I kept at least two, if not three Tactrix cables on hand at all times.  They do not have the most reliable usb input and I would have to resolder the boards now and then. 

All the signs that I should not buy another 4th gen are slapping me in the face.

• Haha 2

Ok update #???

Tuner had no issues at all while doing the 2011 yesterday so it would appear it is an issue from my ecu. Now I do have an oppurtunity to buy a 04 forester for the super low because my roommates girlfriend is getting rid of it so wondering if by some miricale that ecu would work. Otherwise ill just hit car-part and get one its just further I got to drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so new ECU is working with ROM Raider now so we got that, however, new problem is AFR correction is maxing out at 24.9% or whatever. Is this a sign of a bad fuel pump/filter? if so is the best route probably to just cop the high flow pump from cobb because they have that for $175 and apparently advanced auto parts wants $225 for a carquest replacement pump.

Already checked MAF and vacuum tested with tuner to rule those out that's what we thought at first. IDK what else it may be besides pump or injectors. injectors are suspect because I had 1 occurrence of a cylinder 3 misfire and am wondering if that injector may be going bad or if that was just a misfire from messed up AFR because it was before I got the AP tune but hasn't happened since.

Tried to plug AP back in to look but forgot the cars got the first iteration of a rom raider tune and car shit itself and threw a code but unmarried access port and back to only shitting itself the previous amount. Having a guy look at it tomorrow though and I’ll update y’all 

• 4 weeks later...